Oil Pressure when hot - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-15, 01:33 PM   #1

Default Oil Pressure when hot

Hi Guys
Have 57 plate 207 1.4 sport and am problems with oil pressure but only when hot, Under normal driving all is fine , But once oil is at 80+ when i come to junctions etc and revs back of i get Low oil pressure coming up on dash display,it goes of immediatley if i put 100 Rpm more on tick over but as soon as revs back down to idle all hell breaks loose again with alert coming back on;
Just had oil filter and oil change as i thought this might have been the cause Used Genuine MAN filter and Shell Helix 5W30 oil but still the same just done a 400 mile round trip to Gretna and back and only time it faultered was at lights again Has anyone on here had the same problem or know of a cure any advise or solution would be greatfully appreciated
whiskyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-04-15, 08:47 PM   #2

this could be a faulty oil pressure switch And is 5/30 the right oil ?
Old 22-04-15, 08:53 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply Jagn the oil pressure switch has been replaced for a supossedly genuine part and oil is correct as far as i know 5w30 0r 5w40 is standard i believe ,its a mystery to me it runs like a dream other than that

Old 22-04-15, 02:18 PM   #4

9 times out of ten its a bad sensor, other than that check wiring, if all is good then check pipework, oil separator and pcv valve.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-04-15, 02:49 PM   #5

Thanks for reply Stripe88 will change sensor over weekend as its probably the cheapest thing to start with would it be worthwhile having it hooked up to PP for diagnostics or wouldnt it show anything
Old 22-04-15, 06:52 PM   #6

I'd also check out if filter is well placed or not damaged, and it's cheaper...

recommended oil is 5w40, I've seen that other specifications sometimes causes false low pressure alarms.

hope it helps, erick
erick-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-04-15, 07:03 PM   #7

had loads and loads of cars but never had a oil pump go on me, if there are no strange noises and new switch doesnt work, it may be worth putting a pressure gauge in the sensor hole ( may be worth buying a compression tester,hit b&q if you need a smaller adapter)
you can google what pressure it should be.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-04-15, 07:30 PM   #8

If this is only happening when dropping to idle at junctions etc then it may be the ecu is not controlling the idle correctly rather than an oil pressure issue.

If the engine is idling a little to low then the oil pressure WILL be low we used to get it on the taxis when they were not running well.

I also recon 5/30 is too thin though.
Old 23-04-15, 10:03 AM   #9

Many thanks for all the replies will try to get pressure test done ASAP regarding oil according to my book that came with car they recomend Total Quartz 5W30 so i did helix of same range idle does seem a little low at around 800-850 not sure what it should be will have to do some research once again thanks for replies
Old 23-04-15, 07:13 PM   #10

If your engine has a really high mileage I would put a 10/40 in which is what I use in my 307 Although a flickering oil warning light is acceptable on high mileage engines it can be worrying
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in