Oil pressure low warning. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-18, 08:19 AM   #1

Hi guys. Friend of mine has a 2007 207 1.4 16v petrol (Peugeot engine).

He's getting the low oil pressure warning message on the centre display. The lcd display above the radio.

He can drive the car for hours without the message coming on. But some times it will come on after 30 mins of driving. When it comes on it beeps and displays the message but goes off after 1 second but it does come back on every now and again.

He's replaced the oil pressure switch and the oil level is on max but hadn't made a difference.

He had an oil leak but that's been fixed now and was coming from the camshaft seal. Does the sensor that's on the camshaft Cover monitor oil pressure as well?

Any ideas on what to check

Last edited by sid1804; 25-07-18 at 08:23 AM.
sid1804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-07-18, 08:34 AM   #2

When was the oil filter last changed? It may be worth changing it, if only to eliminate it as a cause. Some Peugeot engines have paper filters, and off-brand ones are known to collapse.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-07-18, 09:37 AM   #3

i was told the filter was changed when the head gasket was done 2-3 weeks ago, but im not sure what brand they used,

what would be the best brand to use, Bosch?
also is 5w-40 oil ok to use on this engine (i know Peugeot recommend 5w-30 but i have 4 litres of 5w-40 left from my car)

Last edited by sid1804; 25-07-18 at 10:34 AM.

Old 25-07-18, 01:44 PM   #4

I always use a genuine Peugeot filter - they can be cheaper than named brands on eBay. If you want the part no., post the last eight of the VIN.

I always use the recommended grade of oil. The heavier weight will reduce flow and contribute to engine wear.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-18, 10:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
I always use a genuine Peugeot filter - they can be cheaper than named brands on eBay. If you want the part no., post the last eight of the VIN.

I always use the recommended grade of oil. The heavier weight will reduce flow and contribute to engine wear.

I contacted Peugeot for him and it's 13 for filter so we're going to do a oil and filter change. Don't suppose you know what socket is needed for the oil filter do you on the 1.4 16v petrol peugeot engine
Old 27-07-18, 10:45 AM   #6

think its a 27, only did this job last week. been using start stop magnatec c2 in the daughters car, its half price in tesco at the moment and only had to top it up once in a year.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-07-18, 01:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripe88 View Post
think its a 27, only did this job last week. been using start stop magnatec c2 in the daughters car, its half price in tesco at the moment and only had to top it up once in a year.
I'll have to get a 27mm socket.

Is the sump plug 24mm?
Old 27-07-18, 01:23 PM   #8

sump plugs can be a mix, will either be a hex, T, or normal socket. get your phone under and get a pic
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-18, 09:16 PM   #9

Just an update regarding this problem.

The oil filter already in the car was a TJ filter. We changed the oil and filter for a Mann filter. Peugeot was closed on weekend so had to use a Mann filter and new 5w30 oil

It's now been 7 days and the low oil pressure warning hasn't come on. So it's now solved. Thank you all for all your replys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in