Oil level sensor - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-19, 08:13 PM   #1

Default Oil level sensor

Hi everyone, this is my first post and hope someone can help. My wife’s 207 sport Auto hatchback 1.6 16v needs a new oil level sensor: part no:1131G2. ( 2 pins)
Problem is the hanyes Manuel says unscrew and remove. Ok except it is to long to get out all the way. Is there something that has to be removed first? Or is there a trick? It is positioned at the rear of the engine to the right at a slight angle on the aluminium engine case. Ps it is driving me nuts! Thanks in advance
Meyrickclan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-08-19, 09:14 AM   #2

no idea, but if you remove the engine mount and place the sump on a trolley jack(with wooden block) you can move the engine up/down forward and back a few inches if it helps.
stripe88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-08-19, 11:06 AM   #3

Its a bugger to change on the 206 and 307 diesels too, that's why its usually left and the owner checks the oil manually!

Old 21-08-19, 02:15 PM   #4

Will yellow triangle that comes up on start up with check oil level in screen but goes out after a minute or 2 fail MOT?
Mezo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-08-19, 06:40 PM   #5

Thanks for your response: didn’t want to mess with engine mounts if I can avoid, worried I might dislodge something else😕. If it’s a bugger is there a way? Can’t believe the manual says just unscrew ....but it’s impossible. Normally there is a path to follow even if it’s a long one. Move x to get to y etc. But nada! Garage quoted 220 but it frustrates me. I managed to get it out to clean but had to bend it carefully not to snap and end up in engine! But back in was a no go so cut it off and replaced the top part of it. Must be someone out there that had replaced it. I even called Peugeot but as you would guess wouldn’t entertain the idea of me chatting with one of their mechanics. By the way the dip stick is the worst I have ever seen.
Meyrickclan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in