Oil analysis - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-07-18, 08:35 PM   #1

Default Oil analysis

My 207 hdi has just passed 100k and in the back of my mind I'm dreading the possibility of the turbo or something else failing. After reading up about oils and additives I came across a video about getting your oil analysed to see what contaminants are in there and what might be on it's way out. As luck would have it there's a place in the UK that does it for 31. Has anyone on here tried it?

I cant post links yet but on Youtube its :

"What does a 300,000 mile oil change look like?"

and the website for testing is oilsampling.co.uk

I'm considering doing 6k oil changes and might send a sample off after 12k and 6k to see what difference it has.
pugwashed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-07-18, 09:07 PM   #2

Hi, I don't know anyone who's tried this oil sampling but as long as you follow the manufacturers recommended oil change intervals your oil quality should be fine, depending on driving style, don't forget to leave the engine idle for 30 seconds after a long run to prolong the life of the turbo, you can always use an engine flush to help remove some of the harder to drain dirt but on older vehicles this could cause oil leaks removing the build ups of grime that is plugging potential leak areas
CpLuAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-07-18, 09:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpLuAg View Post
Hi, I don't know anyone who's tried this oil sampling but as long as you follow the manufacturers recommended oil change intervals your oil quality should be fine, depending on driving style, don't forget to leave the engine idle for 30 seconds after a long run to prolong the life of the turbo, you can always use an engine flush to help remove some of the harder to drain dirt but on older vehicles this could cause oil leaks removing the build ups of grime that is plugging potential leak areas
Cheers, good tip about letting it idle for 30 secs. I'm a bit anti engine flush because like you say it can cause leaks or cause other problems / blockages. From what I have read flushing is okay if the car has always been flushed at every service but I dont know if mine has so I will stick to just regular oil servicing.
pugwashed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in