Numerous error codes - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-18, 03:39 PM   #1

Default Numerous error codes

Hi guys,

I've recently acquired a Lexia interface, in order to activate my cruise control and connects2 bt box.
Upon checking the error codes for the car, i've discovered a lot of different ones for the BSI, ESP, Radio, Mfd, etc.
For example, when checking for faults, the BSI report no communication to the ESP ecu. If i select the error and press the brake pedal, it communicates and i can check for errors. None are found.
However, if I perfirm an all systems scan, the error is back.
The BSI also returns an oil guage error (the "oil ok" message appears correctly when starting and the temperature ia shown) and an error communicating with the alarm ECU. The alarm is set as "not present", as the car does not have one.
I'm also getting radio and multifuncrion display error codes.
The car does not give any errors when starting, but the errors come up on the tester.
Also, yesterday, the engine line remained on after starting and i had no power steering. The power steering light was not on and it cleared out after a restart.
I have already reset the BSI.
Another symptom is that the cruise control randomly does not engage (two flashing horizontal lines, instead of the speed) and when it does, it randomly disengages.
I have attached some pictures with the errors.
I have checked all connectors in the fuse box and for the ecu. They are all dry and perfectly clean.
Any idea what it can be? Faulty brake swithc, something else? The brake lights work.
The car is a 207cc 1.6vti manual, from 207
All the pictures are in the link below, as i couldn't upload them all:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/ad6...2143717/3659de

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
p_20180702_140747_1530541977039.jpg   p_20180702_140713_1530541997187.jpg   p_20180702_140622_1530542058601.jpg   p_20180702_140557_1530542075700.jpg   p_20180702_140541_1530542095591.jpg  

mradu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-18, 12:35 PM   #2

Which version of Diagbox and what revision Lexia are you using? See FAQ

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 03-07-18, 03:00 PM   #3

The Diagbox version is 7.83, but I'm unsure of the hardware version. I'm away for a week, so I caanot check it, but it should be fairly recent.
P.S. You can add me on the diagnostics map. I'm on my phone and couldn't find how to do it. Do I need to send the address?

Old 08-07-18, 06:30 PM   #4

Any idea? When the BSI gives me the "cannot connect to the ESP module", it usuallg connects on the second attempt, especialy when you press the brake pedal. Also, the battery is very old.

Thanks!

Last edited by mradu; 11-07-18 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-07-18, 10:29 AM   #5

brake pedal switch is a common fail, its a double switch so brake lights may work but the ecu feed side may be faulty.
ignore the oil message, just a gremlin.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-18, 11:04 AM   #6

Thank you!
Will that a go in the next few days and report back.
Any idea on the screen issue. It works just fine, but since activating the connects2 BT interface, I have a multifunction screen error and a radio error. Both work just fine.

Radu
Old 18-07-18, 11:42 AM   #7

Quick update. I've changed the brake switch, but the cruise control issue is still there. I didn't have the time to connect the car to diagbox and delete the BSI-ESP communication error, so I have no idea if that's a factor. My battery is really low (flashing red on the dash before I start and sometimes only lasting for 5 minutes, before going into economy mode), so I don't know if that's a factor. Will change it for a new one tomorrow and delete the errors. Any other things to look for? Such as adjustment to the brake switch (it fires up when pressing the pedal about 1cm)? No ABS or ESP errors are on the dash, no ECU errors in diagbox, but i can inly rarely engage the cruise control. Sometimes the speed will flash and there will be no way to re-engage, other times, it's just the two horizontal lines.
Thanks!
Old 18-07-18, 01:35 PM   #8

That the battery is low should not affect things when the engine is running, unless there is a problem with the alternator. What is the voltage at the battery terminals with the engine running?
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-07-18, 01:50 PM   #9

It is over 14, can't remeber exactly. On the other hand, I do remember reading a clutch pedal switch error, which I heard can also cause the issue. Would that be a possibility, or can a poorly-adjusted brake switch cause it. Also, anybody has any idea if the clutch switch is easy to remove, without having to take the pedal off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in