Non starting 1.6 HDi after injector seals changed - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-18, 11:45 AM   #1

Default Non starting 1.6 HDi after injector seals changed

The quick question, when cranking the 1.6 HDi (my daughters is a 2007) should the rev counter move or does it not?

Long question. My daughters injectors have been slightly leaking for a while now and the EGR stuck open Monday, EGR stuck is what the AA recovery guy said when he towed her home. Anyway I took out injectors 1 and 4, cleaned them up, got the seats and manholes nice and clean, new seals and tighened to 4nm + 65. I stripped the EGR top off and it was a mess inside, cleaned it all out so it was nice and free and put the top back on making sure the slots on the motor went over the arm in the base. I even gave it new inlet manifold seals.

It has repaid my love and attention by refusing to start. I know I pulled the fuel pipe bracket to one side and the cam sensor is attached to it and I wondered if I broke a wire and hence the no start and the no rev counter response (assuming the rev counter comes of the cam sensor anyway).

I have a new reader on order but any thoughts would be appreciated....
mark smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-09-18, 12:51 PM   #2

You wont see the rev counter move on cranking rev counter is driven from crank sensor signal anyway via the engine ecu

Do beep test if you had the battery off you may have lost key codes if not done correctly

If thats ok and you recon your work is done correctly i would give it a tow start they can be reluctant to go after fuel system has been opened.
Old 14-09-18, 01:34 PM   #3

Neither key beeps if left in the ignition in the off position and the door is opened. Obviously the ECU has lost the keys and that now also needs dealing with. To be fair the battery is weak and goes into economy mode after 10 seconds cranking so that may not have helped. Bugger....

Old 14-09-18, 01:51 PM   #4

Ok dont mess with anything else till you get the keys sorted out and if your battery is that bad replace it to avoid the key codes being lost again.

Its the BSI that stores the keys not the ECU.
Old 14-09-18, 04:25 PM   #5

There seems to be a lot of different versions etc of this diagnostics kit. Would you be as kind as to look at the following and tell me if this is what we need to reprogram her keys? On a plus note we have the key code on a card in the handbook - Amazing it is still there.

Thanks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXIA-3-P...IAAOSwOaBbSMqG
Old 15-09-18, 12:37 PM   #6

Hi,
You get your problem sorted?
Alexmerc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-09-18, 05:11 PM   #7

No I didn't. Looking round for the right Lexia kit so I can reprogram these keys but there are so many version numbers on eBay that I am not actually sure at the moment what I need.

I still can't believe that disconnecting and reconnecting a battery can lose the programming but I guess it can so that's that.....
Old 15-09-18, 07:29 PM   #8

First you need to bleed the fuel system.
Second if you have disconnected the battery you need to reinitialize the BSI.
The key codes are not lost, they get lost if someone reset the BSI unit by mistake or using a wrong diagnostic software and corrupt the BSI unit.
if you need more information let me know.
Old 15-09-18, 07:57 PM   #9

Hi Alexmerc

I do need more information. Please tell me how I reinitialize the BSI.

Thanks very much .....
Old 15-09-18, 08:09 PM   #10

Hi Mark,

1. Whenever a vehicle battery has to be disconnected, switch off all equipment interior lights etc. close the doors
leaving the driver's window down.
2. Switch off the ignition and remove the key and DIAG if connected.
3. Wait a full 3-minutes before disconnecting the battery.
The BSI must be allowed to go to sleep i.e into 'Power Save' mode. Do not operate any equipment on the vehicle during
this time. Remember, even opening the bonnet will wake up the BSI on the vehicle fitted with an alarm.

1. Close all doors on the vehicle, leave the driver windows open, leave the bonnet open to have access for battery
2. Remove the ignition key if left in the ignition.
3. Reconnect the battery.
4. Wait 10 seconds.
5. Switch on the headlights through the driver's window. You will hear a 'Bong'.
6. Switch on the ignition then start the vehicle and check systems are functioning.
Upon reconnection of the battery: If any vehicle function controlled by the BSI i.e. interior light is switched on, the internal operation of the BSI has the potential to spike or corrupt its configuration and software program.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in