newbie with daft question about monochrome screen 3 on 207cc - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nin26

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-18, 10:15 PM   #1

Default newbie with daft question about monochrome screen 3 on 207cc

Hello .... possibly a very daft question but I haven't been able to find anyone else daft enough to ask ... so sorry in advance...

I've recently bought a 2009 207cc. It has the "monochrome screen 3" computer display. I had a 2002 206cc before this car.

On the 206cc, you could set the display to show different things (range to empty, real time mpg etc). When you set it, it would stay there until you set it to something else.

On the 207cc, all the same stuff is available, but it doesn't stay on the screen - it reverts back to the date and time after a few seconds.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to make the info stay on the screen? The manual doesn't say.

Just in case it matters ... I have an aftermarket stereo, but there's a black box behind it which I think is giving access to the menus on the stereo stalk (I can set the time, and access menus, but not control the stereo itself).

Thank you (and sorry again for the daft question!)
Nin
Nin26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-18, 06:06 PM   #2

if you have an aftermarket stereo then you will loose the function of keeping it in the screen position you want, all you will get it date, temp and clock unless you press the end of your stalk in and then you will get MPG details but it won't stay there only show you and then disappear after a while, the only way of changing your screen and keeping is with the original stereo that came with car and keeping that one in place. I have upgraded my 207cc to a double din stereo and not bothered about the screen what it displays anymore. The blackbox you probably have is the aftermarket connection required to link into the original wiring loom of the car. Hope this helps you and explains a little bit better. And welcome to the forum
Old 05-06-18, 09:15 PM   #3

Ahhh gotcha - that explains it perfectly, thank you! It was so annoying because I couldn't figure it out!

Mine is a double din DAB and bluetooth Kenwood that the previous owner had fitted. He gave me the original stereo as well. It's a really good stereo and a massive upgrade to the original, so
I can live without the extra stuff on the display 🙂

My other half had to re-wire in a permanent live, because whoever had fitted it didn't know that the yellow wire isn't permanent live on Peugeots... luckily we figured it out really quick because of fitting a Sony to the 206cc I had before. That's how I knew about the black box. It had a name on but I can't remember what it was. I googled it and the company make stuff to connect to steering wheel controls and stuff. We didn't know exactly what it was for, but we put it back and the stereo stalk controls still work the computer, so I assumed it was that. I can still set the clock and get to the menu with the fault log.

Thanks for the welcome too 🙂 I'm sure I'll be asking more questions soon enough ... maybe after a while I'll even be able to answer some! 🙂
steve9007 likes this.

Old 06-06-18, 04:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin26 View Post
Ahhh gotcha - that explains it perfectly, thank you! It was so annoying because I couldn't figure it out!

Mine is a double din DAB and bluetooth Kenwood that the previous owner had fitted. He gave me the original stereo as well. It's a really good stereo and a massive upgrade to the original, so
I can live without the extra stuff on the display 🙂

My other half had to re-wire in a permanent live, because whoever had fitted it didn't know that the yellow wire isn't permanent live on Peugeots... luckily we figured it out really quick because of fitting a Sony to the 206cc I had before. That's how I knew about the black box. It had a name on but I can't remember what it was. I googled it and the company make stuff to connect to steering wheel controls and stuff. We didn't know exactly what it was for, but we put it back and the stereo stalk controls still work the computer, so I assumed it was that. I can still set the clock and get to the menu with the fault log.

Thanks for the welcome too 🙂 I'm sure I'll be asking more questions soon enough ... maybe after a while I'll even be able to answer some! 🙂

Yeah the yellow wire is only live once the ignition is switched on, you can swap over the red and yellow wires but this had no effect on my 207cc so i basically cut the Connects wiring loom and rewired it to a permanent live which sorted the memory of presets and styling on stereo a treat. But glad your happy and content now with the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in