newbie with 207cc with roof fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-01-13, 08:07 PM   #1

Default newbie with 207cc with roof fault

hi newbie here, i bought my 1st peugeot, a 57 plate 207 GT Turbo cc back in September and i am LOVING it, despite being warned by a fellow 207 cc owner that she had nothing but problems with hers i have had 3 good months of driving, however yesterday i found what i hope ISN'T a major fault. knowing i should lower the roof at least once a month to keep it in full working order i decided to do this yesterday, i pressed the button and the process started, the windows went down and the boot started to open, it raised about 6 inch and then stopped and i got a roof mechanism failure message, i pressed the button to put the roof back down, this happened but the back windows didn't shut fully and the front ones not at all but the message read "roof manouver complete." has anyone had this happen to them, can you throw any light on whats gone wrong, the last time i drove the car with the roof down was late October and it was working fine then, i only got a 3 month warranty with the car so even if this covered the roof it doesn't now as it has expired. i really love this car and hope my friend wasn't right when she told me i would regret buying it as it would cost me a fortune in repairs.
tilli121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-01-13, 08:10 PM   #2
davidireland

Default Re: newbie with 207cc with roof fault

The 207cc is a good car. The roof doesn't usually give trouble. Silicone grease/spray all the roof rubber seals yearly.

Sent from my GT-S5690
tonitiger likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-01-13, 08:26 PM   #3

thanks for the reply, will give that a go, my car last week was covered in snow and i did wonder if it could simply be that due to the weather the roof was sticking. i do hope its that simple. x

Old 29-01-13, 11:43 AM   #4

does anyone else have any help or advice please, i keep looking at my lovely car and wondering if i will ever have the roof down again,
Old 29-01-13, 03:57 PM   #5

ok, i don't know how to spray/grease the rubber seals on the roof, hoping hubby can help with that one, i have checked my roof fuse and done the reinitialisation of the windows, when i tried to lower the roof the boot lid came up higher than previously but then stopped again, i am sure the problem lies with my rear windows which will lower when i use the window switch but when using the roof switch the front windows lower but the back ones only come down about an inch befor they stop and i get the roof faulty message..... i have to raise them using the window switch, only had the car 4 months, spent all the money i had on it and can't afford to pay out a large sum of money to peugeot to put this right, help... please.
Old 29-01-13, 06:05 PM   #6

Not sure if 207 is same as 206 but if it is then there are various switches and sensors and if 1 is not getting switch correctly at the correct time the roof just stops

I bought a 206 damaged along 1 side including bootlid and it came with a clear plastic roof as they could not get roof back up

I messed around for a while checking things and decided to put it up manually and after that it worked fine the frame was slightly bent and 1 switch was not closed properly once unjamed it was happy again

It should be a simple fix just find someone who knows the cars
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-01-13, 08:54 PM   #7
davidireland

Default Re: newbie with 207cc with roof fault

Get out your owners manual and close and open the roof manually. It needs resetting. You left it in between an open and close position too long.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Old 29-01-13, 09:42 PM   #8

as soon as i realised it wasn't going all the way i closed it back up, i didn't leave it half open, manually is the next thing we thought of trying, hope it works then, haven't been able to do it yet as there wasn't an allen key with the car,
thanks for the advice given so far, any hints or tips gratefully recieved.
Old 29-01-13, 09:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Get out your owners manual and close and open the roof manually. It needs resetting. You left it in between an open and close position too long.

Sent from my GT-S5690
oh, do you mean i left it too long between the last time i had the top down and the next time i tried to lower it? ie: October to January?
oh i hope its going to be something so simple, thanks for the reply. got an allen key now so will try that ASAP x
Old 29-01-13, 09:47 PM   #10
davidireland

No. Its imperitive to finish the open or close the procedure on the bong or the message on the screen. Ie let the button go after the bong not before or the system locks up. Opening and closing manually only way of resetting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in