New Track Rod Ends - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By stevoxsi

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-18, 09:24 AM   #1

Default New Track Rod Ends

Hi, daft question but can anyone tell me which outer track rod end goes on which side? Reason I ask is that just fitted new ends yesterday (taking to get tracked today) and although I fitted like for like when taking the old ones off, on the packaging for the new ones it stated that they were for the opposite sides to the sides I ended up putting them on (but as I said I swapped them like for like). So either the original ones I replaced were wrong and I've just put some more on incorrectly or the packaging was wrong on the new parts. The parts are curved so it will make an impact on steering and they have different markings, I & II stamped on them. So can someone please tell me if the one stamped 'I' is n/s or o/s. Thanks
Potwashman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-18, 12:01 AM   #2

Well it is sorted now. The previous replacement track rod ends had been put on the wrong sides and I just repeated the same mistake. Swapped over and rides perfect now. Would have been nice to get some input from current owners though, isn't that what the forum is for?
Old 04-10-18, 07:20 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Have you considered the possibility that nobody knew the answer? Or maybe you would have preferred a list of 'I don't knows?' No matter, I'm sure you'll be keeping an eye out for anyone with the same issue in future now you know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-18, 07:44 AM   #4

When I bought some replacement track rod ends from Motaquip the packs said left or right on the boxes!!
johnbrander is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-18, 07:58 AM   #5

As they did for the OP, but he didn't believe them.
But it does show you can never assume that some previous owner hasn't screwed things up.
They are shaped to clear the tyre at full lock, so I'm a bit surprised the old ones were not causing a peoblem.
Old 04-10-18, 01:36 PM   #6

Hi, thanks for your input. I'll just clarify a couple of points. When I purchased the new replacement track rod ends, the packaging on only one of them stated which side it was for; the other one had not 'sticker' on at all stating which side it was for. As previously mentioned though, I assumed that that the ones currently on the vehicle were on correctly so just put the new ones on to match. However, as pointed out, the track rod ends did have distinctive marks on them, 'I' & 'II' so I assumed that these were the more definitive markings on them to tell which side they were for; after all it I'm sure lots of people have taken out of the original packing and discarded before fitting so at least you've still got something to tell you which side they belonged to.

So I didn't think I was actually asking too much to be honest, Mr Super Moderator, to get a guide onto which side fitted which as I assume all of the 'I' & 'II' refer to a specific side regardless of manufacturer as I again assumed that some of the 207 users on this forum might have known which fitted which as they could have been working on their cars during the time the question was asked.

Hope that clears the matter up, but please feel free to reply to let the new Junior Member know his place. Cheers x
Old 04-10-18, 03:31 PM   #7
Super Moderator

This is a free forum, run by people for free, which gives out advice for free, by the members who give up their spare time FOR FREE to help other people out. So forgive me if i don't take kindly to people who post snarky remarks when they don't receive the FREE answer they were looking for, especially when said people can't even be bothered to post an introduction to the forum in the first place. You'll find all this is covered in the forum rules which I'm sure you have already taken the time to read, but if not there is a link in my signature below, top of every sub forum or at the top of the home page.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
Old 04-10-18, 03:42 PM   #8

Don't you see the irony that I've had more contact about this problem since the problem has been sorted? Thank you for taking the time to get back in touch again.
Old 04-10-18, 05:48 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Ironic? No, as I see it all you've managed to figure out is that being rude provokes a response. Something my 5 year old has known for a while. Now enough or we will sort you a time out like he would get too. Thread closed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in