New to the Peugeot Forum - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-18, 07:24 PM   #1

Smile New to the Peugeot Forum

Hi, I've just bought my first Peugeot. It's a second hand Peugeot 207 (2009) with only 71,000 miles on the clock. So far I'm very pleased with the car. The only minor concern that I have is the use of the RD4 radio which seems unusually complicated for a car radio. I'll detail my question in the next post.

Last edited by GaryPeugeot; 19-08-18 at 07:35 PM.
GaryPeugeot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-18, 07:32 PM   #2

Question Using a phone handsfree

I've managed to pair my iPhone with the RD4 radio. The contacts list has been copied onto the radio and I can make calls. When I phone someone they can hear me but I can't hear them. I'm sure that there is something simple that I've forgotten to do. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be?
The RD4 radio is not the original. When I bought the car I had the radio (not a Peugeot one) taken out and a second hand Peugeot RD4 radio fitted so that I could use the features of the monochrome display. The radio appears to be working fine, it's just the phone which seems to have a problem.
Old 19-08-18, 10:17 PM   #3

Have you tried turning up volume while in a call as all the functions have independent volume levels

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Old 20-08-18, 12:58 PM   #4

Question Thanks but the volume control has no effect

Many thanks for your suggestion. I had no idea that the volume control worked separately for the different functions of the RD4 radio. I tried again this morning both for receiving a call and making a call but in both cases no phone sound came through the car speakers. I'm able to use the stubby stalk under the steering wheel to enter the phone directory on the monochrome display, scroll through to a contact and, by pressing the end of the stalk, to make the call. When the call is made (I can see the connection on my iPhone), the radio just continues to play the CD or radio station. I've tried turning up the volume but it has no effect on the phone.
I've unpaired and repaired the phone.
I've tried both making and receiving a phone call.
All without any phone sound coming from the car speakers.
I'm presuming that when a call is received, the radio (CD or radio station) should be automatically muted and the audio input/output transferred to the phone function.
Any more suggestions for a solution would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in