Name that part! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-17, 03:40 PM   #1

Default Name that part!

Car - 2008 207

Engine - 1.4 VTI (EP3)

Background - Had error message 'stop engine temp too high' even when starting from cold. Temp gauge shoots up but when this sensor/connector is removed it drops. Been into peugeot and the parts guy had a look under the bonnet then brought his diagrams up (searching via reg. number) and according to peugeot it doesn't exist! Also that i would have to book it in...which didn't go down too well.

P.S it isn't the coolant/temp. sensor which sits on top of the thermostat housing (held in by the green clip which you can see in the photo).

Any help much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
sensor.jpg  
scoey1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-06-17, 03:53 PM   #2

HI...that doesn't look like a factory crimp connector...what it does I cant help...perhaps it has 2 temp sensors and this one has failed?
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-06-17, 03:54 PM   #3

Not sure what it is but that connector does not look like a factory fitted one. Where does that blue wire go?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Ian Mallett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-06-17, 03:55 PM   #4

Now found out this is the oil pressure switch! So god knows how disconnecting it made the temp needle drop. Really puzzled now. And no it's been tampered with at some point. Gonna try and get a scrap one.

Blue wire into the grey oil pressure switch Ian.

What you said about 2 temp sensors though apparently in the haynes it says this engine has an additional wiring connector for the electric thermostat. But where this additional one is i now don't know (as i thought this was it)

Last edited by scoey1001; 21-06-17 at 03:58 PM.
Old 21-06-17, 03:58 PM   #5

If the oil switch has failed or wiring is bad it could be shorting and causing false reading on temp. Check engine earth strap too

Old 21-06-17, 04:08 PM   #6

Cheers Ian will do. Hopefully once i get the connection sorted this will solve it.

my air con went about the same time as i got these error messages regarding engine temp do you think they could be related? had a purge and regas and its still not kicking in. Also we tested and found that no power was getting to the compressor. My gut is that is all electrical related somehow?
Old 21-06-17, 04:15 PM   #7

I'd say it's possible. Stick a jumplead on battery negative and onto engine somewhere & see what happens

Old 22-06-17, 12:19 PM   #8

Got the connection sorted but still getting the same problem. Temp gauge straight to max and STOP message. Also got 2 codes relating to coolant sensor (PO117 & PO119) which i replaced a couple of weeks ago. The codes i had relating to the thermostat (PO597 & PO598) haven't come back yet.

Couldn't do what you recommended as i couldnt get any jump leads.

So totally stumped now. Any ideas welcome.
Old 22-06-17, 12:35 PM   #9

If the problem has started since the coolant sensor was replaced I'd be tempted to try another one, or if you still have it, plug the old one back in and see if there's any difference.

Old 22-06-17, 12:37 PM   #10

If I unplug the temp sensor on my expert I get this same thing, max temperature, stop light, overheat light & engine fans. It could therefore be a dodgy sensor, broken wiring, bad connection in the plug or even just not plugged in properly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in