Is my turbo done? Fault code p0299 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-15, 03:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Is my turbo done? Fault code p0299

Just after a little advice. I have searched for the answers to this but some clarification would be awesome. I'm not that knowledgable on cars so please bear with me.

I have a 2008 Peugeot 207 gti 1.6 thp. The car seems to have lost a bit of guts lately and I have now got depollution system faulty warning with a check engine light. The car seems to be running fine but just lacking that 'power' it did have. I have had it hooked up to diagnostics at my garage and it has come up with fault code p0299. I believe this is low turbo pressure boost. The turbo/pipes etc has been checked for leaks and all seems fine.

I have been told that it is going to need a new turbo with a quote that seems unbelievable. Is it going to be a case of the turbo is done or can I save it? From my understanding it could be a wastegate/actuator issue? Am I correct? Another thing that has been mentioned is a possible build up of carbon within the turbo and I presume this would kill the turbo off. I know you guys can't give me the reason for why it has issues with the little info I am giving but I am just trying to find possible issues before deciding on the massive decision of a new turbo. Any other ideas or things to rule out?

Thanks
jhughes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-15, 10:33 PM   #2

I do know that, depending on the particular problem, turbos can be refurbished for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

It may be worth Googling and ringing a few.

Last edited by IanML; 04-12-15 at 10:36 PM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-15, 10:40 PM   #3

Did they check for a split diaphragm on the divertor valve

Old 05-12-15, 10:48 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
I do know that, depending on the particular problem, turbos can be refurbished for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

It may be worth Googling and ringing a few.
Yeah I know and will look into that if its a case that the turbo is done. I'm just wondering what components might fail that could cause this issue with a possible cheaper solution. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Did they check for a split diaphragm on the divertor valve
I'm not sure to be honest so will check with the garage. I understand that this is a common fault which could cause my low pressure so will look into it. Any other ideas if this is fine? Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 05-12-15, 01:48 PM   #5

That fault code will either be the bov or the boost pressure electro valve which is under the inlet manifold.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-15, 03:14 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS77 View Post
That fault code will either be the bov or the boost pressure electro valve which is under the inlet manifold.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I was under the impression it was a generic code for low boost pressure and therefore I would have to investigate the cause(s). How do you know it will one of them two? I don't disbelieve you, I'm just trying to understand it all a bit more as I'm really not that knowledgable. Thanks
Old 06-12-15, 12:48 PM   #7

access to Peugeot service box, 8 years owning a gti, knowledge gained over those years and knowing several Peugeot master techs.

the bov and the pressure electrovalve are 99% of the time the issues, bov is easy to check, 3 bolts too take it off and pull part off, if any white markings on the black plastic rings then its going and needs replaced, the pressure electrovalve is a bugger to get too as under the inlet manifold, but theres generally scratches on the metallic part of it once u strip it down to investigate.
Old 06-12-15, 01:33 PM   #8

Old 06-12-15, 02:28 PM   #9
Inactive User

Thanks for the help. I wasn't saying you didn't know, was just
curious if that error code was so precise to the problem. My mechanic seemed to think the turbo would be done. I have stripped downed what I believe is the bov, if I'm wrong I'm a right melon haha. I think this is the cause of the issue as it has a split diagram- will try to post a picture. I believe I can replace the stock one with a forge aftermarket recirculation valve? Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link? Thanks for your help, I'm really a novice with car mechanics so I appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
image_1449411995075.jpg   image_1449412049879.jpg   image_1449412096134.jpg  
Old 06-12-15, 02:37 PM   #10

BOV is also known as Divertor Valve.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in