My Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 has risk of particle Filter Blocking - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-10-18, 05:28 PM   #1

Default My Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 has risk of particle Filter Blocking

So I bought my Car about a month ago and it came with a brand new service and the car has only done 74,000. So just wanting some advice why this has come on as I know nothing about Cars. Its a 60 reg.Thanks

Last edited by Leon212; 16-10-18 at 05:53 PM.
Leon212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-10-18, 06:56 PM   #2

Please can somebody help.
Old 16-10-18, 07:01 PM   #3

Hi im sure someone will pop along soon and help...meanwhile have you searched on this forum for answers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-10-18, 07:16 PM   #4

I have read a little mate.
Old 16-10-18, 07:28 PM   #5

You need to get it properly scanned with a decent peugeot specific device [pref pp2000/diagbox] for both fault codes AND live readings to figure out what is not working properly. Look on the PP2000 map to see if there is anyone local to you who could help.

The message is a generic warning that could have been triggered by a large number of faults so, unless there is an obvious fault, you will be guessing without a proper detailed diagnostic.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-10-18, 07:30 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Main reason for this message would be the car isn't getting enough long journeys therefore can't regenerate the particulate filter. Do you do a lot of city driving? 1st thing I'd do is take it out a run for an 'Italian tune' aka drive it like you stole it. If that doesn't work you may need the car plugged in to check the eloys fluid level (used to clean the particulate filter aka dpf aka fap filter). Or it could be as simple as the fuel cap sensor. Codes read from Peugeot Planet (the approved peugeot diagnostic software) would be my step 2.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-10-18, 07:48 PM   #7

Thanks for the advice guys. I have only had the car for a month and I'm the 3rd owner. I drive all over but sometimes it is city driver and sometimes it's motorway.
Old 16-10-18, 07:50 PM   #8

The warning only came on today at the end of each journey to and from work
Old 16-10-18, 07:55 PM   #9

How do I find the PP2000 map
Old 16-10-18, 07:58 PM   #10

Only done 74k miles and its 8 years old so thats very low mileage chances are it only done short journeys with frequent fill ups this is bad for a diesel and the eolys fluid may well be all used up.

Having a service would make no difference to this issue as fluid is not a service item its a fill as required item.

It needs to be looked at via computer looking at DPF parameters NOT reading fault codes there are various things to check before deciding what needs done it does not need to be expensive to fix if its done correctly.

If you do lots of short journeys it will keep happening these engines need driven fast regularly to keep the DPF happy.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in