My car has no Idea what It's doing - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-18, 08:07 PM   #1

Default My car has no Idea what It's doing

Evening all,

I'm new here and need your help!

I have a Peugeot 207 S16/Vti 1.6 Petrol with about 58,000 on the clock..........About two weeks ago, It developed a fault(s). I use that term very loosely as I have no Idea what It's doing and I'll try my best to describe It as these faults are Intermittent and have no real order of coming on, but they do tend to happen all within a minute once one starts.

When I start the car, I get faced with an ABS Fault, Power Steering Fault and Anti Pollution Fault. When these faults appear, all my lights (Fogs, brakes, reversing, beams and main beams) get stuck on, my speedo cluster doesn't work and the cooling fan comes on when you turn the car off. I then have to disconnect the battery or the fan will run forever.......If I turn the car back on, the fan stops but the faults come back up with everything else. They come on In no particular order, but once one does, It starts a chain reaction and they just keep appearing. They also don't stop beeping. It's almost like a crashed computer game. The beeps are Inconsistent and may last 10 minutes or 10 seconds overlapping one another and repeating the same faults continuously.

I have attached a photo (I think) to show what's going on.....My odometer shows ------ when this problem occurs. The dash Is showing my beams as being on and they are on, but I have them off on the stork.....My main beams are also on, but not showing on the dash, but I have them off as are all my other lights, but on.....

Just a multitude of confusion =[.
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0029.jpg  
Liam.Head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-18, 08:15 PM   #2

My old 406 used to go mental when it needed a new battery. It chucked all sorts of errors.
Old 02-01-18, 08:18 PM   #3

I thought that too! I had a new alternated fitted In August and I changed the battery the day after this started happening, to see If It would make a difference, without success. I've been driving It happily for the past two days and It struck again this evening driving back from work. It Is being recovered as we speak....

Old 02-01-18, 08:22 PM   #4

Was the correct procedure followed when fitting the new battery?
Old 02-01-18, 08:26 PM   #5

Sorry, when I say "I" I meant the garage. I left It there on my lunch break and walked back to work and collected It at the end of the day. So I'm hoping It was done correctly. They too thought It would be the battery, but the faults were still there, so I had the car picked up because driving with every single light being on, no power steering and temperamental brakes Is difficult :L.
Old 02-01-18, 08:37 PM   #6

I'm not saying it will fix it, but you could try a BSI reset. It's easy enough to do. It's fixed glitches for me in the past.
Old 02-01-18, 08:40 PM   #7

I'll give It a shot tomorrow when my car has been returned!
Old 03-01-18, 10:29 AM   #8

look for water ingress. undo a battery lead then remove all plugs from the ecu and fusebox, look for water/damaged pins or any sign of green corrosion first.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-18, 02:35 PM   #9

Turns out water has found Its way Into the BSI unit via a cable bulkhead and all the pins have corroded and are no longer attached to the rest of the board............Luckily enough, I have been given a brand new BSI unit, completely untouched. However, I've been told It's not a case of plug and play and I'll need to have It programmed. Does anyone know what goes Into having this done? I'd Imagine my local Peugeot dealer would do It, but I'm so rural and I can't drive the car, so having It recovered and taken there would probably cost more than the work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-01-18, 06:40 PM   #10

You need to sort the loom and the water ingress too fixing 1 part is no good but yes it needs programmed in using planet you also need the security code for the keys to be honest coding in the BSI is the easy part its fixing the wiring and water ingress issue thats the real problem
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in