Mot issue urgent help please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Aw2891
  • 2 Post By stevoxsi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-11-17, 03:46 PM   #1

Default Mot issue urgent help please

My 2007 207 1.6vti SW weekend has gone in for an MOT and failed on engine fast idle test and has returned a score or 0.41 % should be below 0.20 can anyone advise on what may be causing this I have changed the plugs around a month ago and oil has been done when oil filter housing was sorted around 2 months ago

Cheers guys in advance
Aw2891 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-11-17, 04:03 PM   #2

Its a good while since i had petrol but im assuming that the figure thats high is emissions if so has the car had a good fast italian tune up blow put the rubbish from the exhaust

Probably just a reminder but remember under the new mot rules if your on the road the car is classed as not roadworthy the days we used to get for repair are passed

Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-11-17, 04:09 PM   #3

Hi yes the emissions figure is high and I still have time on MOT as I always take early just in case of situations like this currently booked to go back in Tuesday but would like to have some ideas so I know I'm not being fed rubbish, I am currently cleaning the system with a Cataclean additive as the car does a lot of town driving but will be getting multiple high speed motorway trips over the coming days

Cheers

Old 29-11-17, 04:25 PM   #4

I think your probably on the correct track but maybe other Petrol users will be about later on today something else i thought of is maybe running on super premium fuel might help clean your injectors

Donít want to worry you but the new mot rules are if your car fails the early presentation does not count for running on the roads. If your car passes Tuesday the anniversary date of your mot is preserved, i was lucky in that i was advised not charged rules changed about 2 years ago

The mot rules amaze me you see rust buckets with parts hanging off on the roads and genuine users like us leave ourselves open for prosecution strange world

Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-11-17, 08:40 PM   #5

If your car fails the mot it is still valid till original expiry date they CANNOT cancel it regardless what they SAY !!

Just like they used to tell you CAT C write offs had to get a fresh mot but you could just go online and check it it would still show up its original mot prior to damage and it was/is still valid !

Driving after failure is a separate issue though as it really depends if what it failed on would be deemed as dangerous or cause danger to other road users blah blah blah.
Old 01-12-17, 06:31 PM   #6

If your car has failed an early mot test it is UNROADWORTHY!!, even a blown number plate bulb means it doesn't meet construction and use requirements.
Not only that, but if you drive it unrepaired you are wilfully flouting the law.

Remember (I may have said this before ) an mot certificate only mean a vehicle met some minimum requirements on the day of the test. Rustbuckets can quite legally be on the road as long as the rust doesn't affect a testable function. Severe rust near seat or seat belt mountings, or near a suspension component would mean a fail, doors with the bottoms rotted out would be ok.

A properly maintained car should breeze through an mot test. What responsible owners should do is check their cars ahead of time, not rely on an mot test to reveal any faults. Suppose a ball joint developed excessive wear a few weeks after a test?. A valid mot doesn't mean a car is necessarily in good shape.

Roger.
Old 01-12-17, 07:06 PM   #7

Hi guys, I don't mean to be an arse but this post was asking for help regarding an issue with my car as it failed an emission test and it seems to have decended into people having an argument about MOT laws, I know what the laws are, what I don't know are the potential causes of my problem in suffering with my car that I need in my daily life !!

Please if you don't know about my issue with my car please refrain from posting useless info that I already know about MOT legalitites

Thanks
stevoxsi and border_all like this.
Old 01-12-17, 07:48 PM   #8
Super Moderator

^ What he said! There's a lot to be said for going out and driving it like you stole it. Or like you drive a rental car....
trem1 and border_all like this.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-17, 10:51 AM   #9

anyway be sure to post your readings post cataclean, i just throw a whole bottle of redex in if just over and that brings it down.
but wont help if you have a slight misfire or burning to much oil.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in