Peugeot Forums banner

Misfire please help!

16K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  mechcanico 
#1 ·
So been having a problem with my 207 1.6 thp 150 on a 2008 for last 6 month now with misfiring. First time it happened it said cylinder 1 and 3 misfiring so changed all 4 coils which sorted it for a couple of month then it come back with same codes so changed the sparks as coils looked fine and was only 2 month old. It’s now happened again with codes for cylinder 2 and 4 misfire. I had the walnut blast done on intake valves on Saturday as I thought maybe that was the problem but obviously not! So I’m kind of stuck what to try now as i can’t just keep replacing plugs and coils as their not cheap so any suggestions would be appreciated. I have read maybe some kind of back pressure from catalytic converters if blocked/faulty may cause this? I have attached picture of vault codes that were taken tonight. Anti pollution fault come up on way to work and was still on at my break 4 hours later but on way home which was another 4 hours after the light went off but codes were still stored as i code read it when I got home.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Misfire need not be a faulty coil or spark plug, it could be the injector, bad wiring/connections to any of the above, a failing sensor, sticky valves... the codes thrown are only the end result. The actual cause may be further up the food chain.

You need to get live readings, start with looking at the injectors. Also do a careful examination of the wiring and all plugs/pin contacts on coils/injectors/ecu/bsi/various sensors.

#9 ·
We have seen all kinds of trouble with anything off ECP that’s made by Bosch ....battery’s , air mass meters , egrs ,coil packs , pencil coils everything.

I’m not sayings that’s your issue but you say after fitting new ones it behaves for a few months .....coincidence?? Maybe .....

Just bare it in mind , if you get another set of coils try Beru ones instead .

#11 ·
What’s the front lamda reporting ? Is it 5 wire wide band , does lambda value show as an equivalence ratio , is this in spec ?

Higher post lamda readings can be because the cat is not working as good as it should and often with missfire situations the cat can become a little saturated so it does not burn all oxygen giving leaner readings at the after cat lamda .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.