Main dealer grounds - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-15, 08:54 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Main dealer grounds

I've now had my car for 4weeks and covered approx 600 miles and oil check warning has come on!
I've checked level and its on min level...so either its losing or using oil or not enough has been put in when they changed oil?
Also I've arranged to take car in tomorrow for them to recheck oil level! And service manager stated its only had oil and filter change as service not due until January 2016 (service indicator at 1100 miles service due)and not a full service as the sales rep said it would.Have I grounds to demand full service as its developed an occasional miss fire when labouring in say 4th or 5th gear and I'm off on a 600 mile round trip holiday in few weeks!
Could do with advice before I speak to manager in the morning?
cips007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-07-15, 09:04 PM   #2
Inactive User

Just to add the car has a purgeot 18 month gold warranty
Old 14-07-15, 09:24 PM   #3

Is there any sign of an oil leak in the engine bay, any signs of oil on the floor after parking ?

What good would a full service do to stop an oil leak (if it has one)? - Nothing. If the car has been serviced according to the recommended schedule then I don't see you having a claim to get a full service. If a salesman says it will be fully serviced that would simply mean they would bring the service up to the required schedule and the service record will show it's been fully serviced as required by the manufacturer. They do however have an obligation to rectify any problems. I wouldn't start off by going in with unreasonable demands. Give them a chance to sort it out and if they fail to do so then you can start getting more insistent with them.

The 18 month gold warranty won't cover servicing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by storeman; 14-07-15 at 09:32 PM.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-07-15, 09:44 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hi
There is no sign of any oil leak at all,was hoping I'd find one to be honest as this would explain the oil consumption as its only just covered 40k miles. I'll keep calm and have a chat with service manager see what she says tomorrow,but if it is burning oil then is there a possible check they can do?
Old 16-07-15, 10:56 PM   #5

If there was a suspicion of it burning oil a compression test can be carried out. Wherever a cylinder loses compression is the same place as where the oil gets in to be burned.

Any blue smoke from the exhaust?

To be honest if its the 'check oil' warning you're on about I've had this a few times, especially after oil changes only for it to miraculously disappear never to be seen again. They are pretty crude sensors (so I'm told) I take no notice and use the dipstick once a week.

I'm not suggesting you ignore the warning but there is no need to panic just yet!
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-07-15, 11:03 PM   #6

Sorry, just noticed you did use the dipstick. It may be worth remembering that oil is expensive and they don't give you more of it than they have to. Just ask them not to be tight and put another half pint in and see how it goes!
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-08-15, 09:01 PM   #7
Inactive User

after a phonecall I took it in and no leaks were found,just over a litre of oil was put in and I was told to keep a close eye on the level. I've just come back from a 700 mile round trip and the oil level is now half between max and min,is this acceptable or do I need to take the car back to dealer for investigation?
Old 17-08-15, 12:55 AM   #8
Inactive User

Which engine is it
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-08-15, 01:12 AM   #9
Inactive User

It's the 1.4 vti
Old 17-08-15, 05:59 AM   #10

They will class that as acceptable oil consumption some vti engines drink oil. My daughters 1.6 uses a lot of oil and PSA say anything upto 1 ltr in 750 miles in normal !! and would not take car back or fix
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in