Locking wheel nut removal - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scoey1001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-17, 08:19 AM   #1

Default Locking wheel nut removal

After some advice please. My locking wheel nut key has broken and i've been quoted 60 and up to 2 weeks delivery by Peugeot for a replacement.

I'm reluctant to do this due to A. Cost and B. It may just break again if as i suspect the nut is on too tight.

Can anyone tell me how much it would be roughly to get all four removed by a garage and replaced with normal bolts?

Also any tips on how to do it myself? heard lots of different methods such as laser tools, drilling out, welding another bolt on top and removing.

P.S the part number on the key is E 8CL8.

Thanks

Last edited by scoey1001; 03-04-17 at 08:24 AM.
scoey1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-17, 09:34 AM   #2

Hi...most tyre centres will have a locking wheel bolt removal tool....or look at sealey tools for one...then bin them and replace with normal bolts ...all available from the usual places amazon/halfrauds/egay...etc cost wise about about 6 for the bolts and whatever the tyre centre /garage charges..good luck
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-17, 05:50 PM   #3

If it is the spinning ring type I tried and given up as very difficult. These sockets are great EMERGENCY WHEEL NUT REMOVAL SET 4 PIECE BROKEN or LOST KEY | eBay
but won't work if you have the spinning ring type.
Lots of keys available on ebay, I got one for our Renault from a chap selling Toyota keys otherwise pay the and get a replacement from Peugeot, wish I knew why their prices are so high.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-17, 12:13 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I took it to a mechanic friend of the family this morning and he filled in the 3 pieces that had broken with drill bits and sawed the ends to make them flush. To my relief this worked! Not bad for a tenner.

Think normal bolts are the way to go now though.
noddy-hol likes this.
scoey1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in