Loads of questions ?? Trying something. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-15, 10:43 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Loads of questions ?? Trying something.

Hello, I am new to this forum.
I own a 2007 model 207 HDI sports 1.6 90BHP
Needless to say my turbo has gone after owning the car for 5 months.
The previous owner had a new turbo fitted from a garage just before I got it.
When I picked it up I fully serviced the car with the best of stuff as I thought it was worth it. Since then I have done 4000 miles and yesterday the turbo went on me throwing lots of smoke out the exhaust.
_______Please bear with me on the next bit as I have no money to buy a new turbo or a new engine__________
SO I have done the following as a temp fix until I get sorted out.
Removed the cassette and removed the bent shaft and fans.
Placed a bolt through it with copper washers either side.
blocked the oil inlet with nut and bolt with copper washers again and blocked the return back to the sump.
In short making the car non turbo.
Changed oil / filter and placed a blank plate behind the EGR.
The car drives normally aspirated OK, can achieve 60 / 70 mph still on the flat but on a hill I am lucky to get 30 to 35 mph, but for now I travel short trips and speed limits do not let me go above these speeds so that's OK for now.
"Depollution system faulty" and an engine management light on that does not affect the drive speed. When I plug a reader in it finds a fault, P0402 Exhaust gas re-circulation flow excessive detected. This code can be erased by my reader and will not come back until I drive it hard.
As far as the fault codes go and what brings them on what do you think will be a fix ?
Am I thinking this is a good plan of action a good idea, as I have no money to get a fix or an engine for now ? Or will I incur another problem with the course of action I have taken to keep my transport.
Thanks in advance for any tech advice on this mod I have had to do.
Fieldsports is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-08-15, 11:46 PM   #2
Inactive User

The turbo has likely to have failed as the oil feed filter gets blocked from oil that isnt changed early enough or is the wrong grade, starving the turbo of oil. Just putting a new turbo on is likely to fail again. The oil feed needs to be changed too to prevent it happening again and preferably clean the sump too. You can buy a new cartridge and replace that fairly cheap on the internet if the internals of the turbo are not too damaged.

You aren't really causing any damage as you are running now.

The egr fault is probably the valve sticking. Take it out & clean it with wd40 and fit the blanking plate and you will probably not see the fault for it anymore
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-08-15, 08:16 AM   #3

Agree with Joe. Have a read of this:

nwex.co.uk/pugdiag/1.6-hdi-carbo-issues.pdf

Old 18-08-15, 05:45 PM   #4
Inactive User

Was going to remove the inter cooler today but the weather was a bit naff to be standing out working in the rain.
I think to remove the intercooler I will have to remove the front panel ??
If there is an easy way to take them off please let me know.
I also believe that the oil capacity and the oil pump pressure is too low in these engines.
Bigger sump that takes more oil would help.
They are running that hot the small amount of oil is not getting a chance to cool and its been circulated around still very hot.
Just my thoughts.
Old 24-08-15, 06:00 PM   #5
Inactive User

I have been told from Peugeot and another independent garage that the engine is finished.
Please bear with me on this one but I can not really see how this is.
I have ran it for a week or so non turbo and the engine sounds well, drives well, does not overheat with water or oil, so how on earth can the engine be finished.
I have bought a turbo cartridge, oil, filter and gasket sealant to begin the job.
Another thing is some said to me you MUST replace the oil feed pipe to the turbo, well I have removed it and removed the silly gauze filter from the bango and its clean as a whistle so why would the pipe need to be replaced as in my eyes it is as good as new.
Also the oil strainer in the sump can be removed and thoroughly cleaned so why is there a need for a replacement unit.
Are some people making some owners of these cars spend unnecessary money to but things that can easily be cleaned and re used.
Peugeot are fully aware of this problem with these engines but refuse to admit they should be on recall and always blame the owner for incorrect oil or not servicing at right times.
This car has always been serviced ( oil / filter ) at max of 6000 miles with the correct grade of oil. I will say what I think ..
The oil capacity is too small and these engines run hot so the oil never gets a chance to cool as it has no rest in the sump. The oil is breaking down due to temperatures .
If the sump held another 1L of oil it would help dramatically.
The injector bolts work loose and should be re tightened about every 5000, yet another poor design.
This is a worldwide problem with these engines and are fitted in many makes of cars.
Someone needs to hold their hands up and say sorry all the problems are design related and will be recalled and a permanent cure will be given to owners.
Old 24-08-15, 06:31 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldsports View Post
I have been told from Peugeot and another independent garage that the engine is finished.
I have ran it for a week or so non turbo and the engine sounds well, drives well, does not overheat with water or oil, so how on earth can the engine be finished.
I have bought a turbo cartridge, oil, filter and gasket sealant to begin the job.
Another thing is some said to me you MUST replace the oil feed pipe to the turbo, well I have removed it and removed the silly gauze filter from the bango and its clean as a whistle so why would the pipe need to be replaced as in my eyes it is as good as new.
Also the oil strainer in the sump can be removed and thoroughly cleaned so why is there a need for a replacement unit.
Are some people making some owners of these cars spend unnecessary money to but things that can easily be cleaned and re used.
Peugeot are fully aware of this problem with these engines but refuse to admit they should be on recall and always blame the owner for incorrect oil or not servicing at right times.
This car has always been serviced ( oil / filter ) at max of 6000 miles with the correct grade of oil. I will say what I think ..
The oil capacity is too small and these engines run hot so the oil never gets a chance to cool as it has no rest in the sump. The oil is breaking down due to temperatures .
The injector bolts work loose and should be re tightened about every 5000, yet another poor design.
This is a worldwide problem with these engines and are fitted in many makes of cars.
Someone needs to hold their hands up and say sorry all the problems are design related and will be recalled and a permanent cure will be given to owners.

Hi, in Norway we can get a bigger sump pan it takes 4L oil and its made by a company called Klokkarholm in Sweden i know its for sale in Denmark to.
The bigger sump also got the oil tapping screw facing outward so you can get all the oil out of the pan.
Here is a link they cost around 80 here so they are cheaper then the oem, im going to change after i have changed my turbo.
I dont know if they are for sale in the UK but you can check ebay.

Link: MECA Online Norge
Attached Thumbnails
580.jpg  
Fieldsports likes this.

Last edited by Pug407sw; 24-08-15 at 06:35 PM.
Pug407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-08-15, 06:37 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldsports View Post
They're wrong that the engine is finished, only the turbo. Yiy can remove the filter and clean the pipe rather than use a new one but you can't guarantee it is completely clean, hence why the service bulletin states it needs to be replaced (possibly the new ones are a different design?) If you are removing the gauze you are still taking the risk that larger particles will be drawn through the pipe and get into the turbo bearings. ensure you check the flow through the pipe before connecting to the turbo.

The oil strainer and sump and assembly does not need t be replaced just cleaned. The issue is not present in all engines, but generally occurs on those which have used the incorrect oil (5w30 c2) or have been services irregularly. The oil capacity isn't the issue here it is carbon build up (usual on a diesel) being accentuated by the wrong oil grade and leaving it there too long, letting it cool longer won't stop the oil picking up the carbon deposits
Old 24-08-15, 06:45 PM   #8
Inactive User

The poster above also makes a good point about the sump plug modification is it traps some of the sludge from being drained, though I normally just drop a but of fresh oil in with the plug undone until it drains out clean underneath
Old 24-08-15, 06:52 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe366 View Post
The poster above also makes a good point about the sump plug modification is it traps some of the sludge from being drained, though I normally just drop a but of fresh oil in with the plug undone until it drains out clean underneath
Is the reason why that the oil makes carbon is that because of the heat due to not enough oil been circulated, the oil never gets a chance to cool so it literally boils creating carbon deposit.
Oil ran it these temperatures loosed all its lubrication and the oil will become no better than water eventually.
I might be wrong but thats my thoughts.
Old 24-08-15, 07:11 PM   #10
Inactive User

Possibly partly, more as a result of combustion, blow by, the crankcase breather, and egr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in