lexia/peugeot planet installation - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-15, 07:29 PM   #1

Default lexia/peugeot planet installation

Hi again everyone i have just ordered a lexia diagnostic kit from a UK ebay supplier and intend to install it on a dell 630 laptop running windows 7 can someone please give me any advice i might need to install as i am not the most techy whizz kid on the street it is advice from the forum that prompted me to get it to find out what the intermittent fault on my wife's 207 1.4 hdi is as it still persists in cutting out, the price to have the codes read was nearly as much as the equipment to read them so it was a no brainer that this is the route to go so any advice greatly appreciated many thanks Chris
chrisf1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-15, 09:03 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf1 View Post
Hi again everyone i have just ordered a lexia diagnostic kit from a UK ebay supplier and intend to install it on a dell 630 laptop running windows 7 can someone please give me any advice i might need to install as i am not the most techy whizz kid on the street it is advice from the forum that prompted me to get it to find out what the intermittent fault on my wife's 207 1.4 hdi is as it still persists in cutting out, the price to have the codes read was nearly as much as the equipment to read them so it was a no brainer that this is the route to go so any advice greatly appreciated many thanks Chris
make sure your computer will take the down loads and be patient do not have anti virous or firewall installed it acts against the down load I had my lap top off ebay from a chap I would recommend he put extra memory and stuff on it ,I told him what it was for and went by his recommendation worked first time and its great
imsotired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-15, 10:38 PM   #3

Hi and thanks for the tips do you mean just turn off firewall and anti virus while installing from cd or are there downloads from the net as well and once installed can i turn them back on thanks again Chris
chrisf1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-15, 09:16 AM   #4
Inactive User

Most software will only run on 32 bit. You can find the updates on the web but I've found them difficult to download so still running 7.38. Do a search on this site and you will find a recent thread from Bettyswollocks which gives a link to the latest update on eBay.
nickcc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-15, 02:09 PM   #5

waiting for lexia myself, what i have done is just reloaded windows xp service pack3 32bit on a spare laptop, will probably make things a tad easier.

software will probably come with a setup how to, but plenty of vids on you tube.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-15, 09:00 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf1 View Post
Hi and thanks for the tips do you mean just turn off firewall and anti virus while installing from cd or are there downloads from the net as well and once installed can i turn them back on thanks again Chris
i was told not to have anti virus or fire wall installed it acts against the downloads and yes only works on a 32 bit computer windows xp windows 7 I have a list somewhere but great when all done and dusted good luck
imsotired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-15, 07:32 PM   #7

bit of help??
so far installed lexia, was easier than i thought, problem is though the page lexia is on, i cant see the bottom of it, had to rotate the page 90deg to get to the activation button.
any tricks to get it to scroll up, mouse or arrows just change cars.(does it run on a opera browser?)

do have a higher end laptop but would prefer to just use this small older one as a stand alone.
oh and screen resolution is maxed with latest display drivers,,,ideas?
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-15, 10:23 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripe88 View Post
bit of help??
so far installed lexia, was easier than i thought, problem is though the page lexia is on, i cant see the bottom of it, had to rotate the page 90deg to get to the activation button.
any tricks to get it to scroll up, mouse or arrows just change cars.(does it run on a opera browser?)

do have a higher end laptop but would prefer to just use this small older one as a stand alone.
oh and screen resolution is maxed with latest display drivers,,,ideas?
I have installed Diagbox 7.6 on a seven year old laptop with no problem (runs Win XP). A bit slow but seems to work. It is the case that the Firewall and Antivirus need to turned off but as the software came with large warning about not updating via the internet (a Chinese copy) make sure that the internet is disabled also. Ensure that you have as high a resolution screen as the laptop will get by with to be able to have a decent screen display.
FourOaksMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-04-15, 08:34 AM   #9

Planet install instructions here:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130

If you use a Netbook, search for "Netbook Resolution Customiser" - a piece of software that will shrink the screen so that everything will fit without scrolling.
Old 24-04-15, 10:11 PM   #10
L.J

I have just bought a lexia cable myself and i've installed diagbox/pp2000 but i am having some issues when trying to scan my 307.

i first tried using diagbox, my first attempt i think i messed up because i chose 307 CAN rather than 307 VAN, I presumed 307 was a 307 van. so after my first attempt when i tried to read the ecus for fault codes i got a no dialogue error.

then I saw that CAN seemed to be the newer models so i tried VAN and for some reason when i clicked the diagbox option after inputting the chassis number i could go no further. when i clicked the button for diagbox it just refreshed the same screen.
so then i tried the pp button. here it asked me to enter a DAM code. I had read a few days ago that it was some derivation of the code on the door pillar but only now do i know for sure what it is. I am going to try again tomorrow ( i cant now because i am not where the car is)

whilst trying to find the solution to this problem I have heard people saying that rev B cables have issues with 307s, just my luck that when i used the psa interface checker that my cable is a rev B.
will a rev B cable definitely not work on a 307 without being reflashed to rev c?

also should i update diagbox from version 7.02?

Last edited by L.J; 24-04-15 at 10:14 PM.
L.J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in