Lexia/Diagbox 7.02 - No Dialogue" error in full diagnositc - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By IanML
  • 1 Post By WillNZ
  • 2 Post By Zenid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-18, 09:21 PM   #1

Default Lexia/Diagbox 7.02 - No Dialogue" error in full diagnositc

Car: 2010 Peugeot 207 1.4HDI

Well I bought a Diagbox 7.02 (plus updates) and PP2000 (apparently) with a Lexia cable from ebay, so that I could reset the DPF counter on the ECU. Vendor had good stats and feedback.

I'm following the instructions to renew the DPF, but I'm having problems with the full diagnostic: I can connect to the car and get the VIN number, but when I run a full diagnostic I get "No Dialogue" for every ECU. When I click on each ECU in the report it returns "ECU failed to respond"

I also tried the PP2000 option instead of Diagbox, but nothing happens. In a very similar thread, it turns out PP2000 will only run on 32-bit machines, but the laptop I got is 64-bit.

So any idea why it doesn't scan? I checked the FAQ and ran "PSA Interface Checker" and the reference is "92185 C/". It's all new stuff so I can't see the hardware being a problem.

Last edited by Zenid; 17-11-18 at 01:27 AM.
Zenid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-11-18, 11:34 PM   #2

You could try the following:

Install VMWare Player (free for non-commercial use)
Into that, install a copy of XP SP3 (32 bit). That will give you a 32-bit virtual machine.

Into that, install PP2000 or Diagbox (not both).
Zenid likes this.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-18, 11:40 PM   #3

I had connection issues when installing diagbox on a 64 bit operating system. Reinstalled the laptop with 32bit win10 and works fine now. You can run it on a 64bit laptop inside a virtual drive loaded with 32bit system.

Try testing it on another car that has been known to work with diagbox, your diagnostic plug/wiring/ecu system may be faulty.
Zenid likes this.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-11-18, 01:58 AM   #4

It is OS related. 64bit machines appear not to be able to talk to the CAN bus. It will be the way in which the USB driver has been written where it relies on a dll only present in the 32bit version.

The VIN can be read direct from the BSI but comms with all other modules requires dialogue with the CAN bus. Hence the issue you experience.
Equinox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-11-18, 07:06 PM   #5

Unhappy VMware

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
You could try the following:

Install VMWare Player (free for non-commercial use)
Into that, install a copy of XP SP3 (32 bit). That will give you a 32-bit virtual machine.

Into that, install PP2000 or Diagbox (not both).
It complains that my CPU is incompatible

It gave me the option to go ahead anyway but crashed with a DLL error. It's an Intel Core2 Duo P8400 2.2Ghz. I searched the VMWare site and couldn't find it listed. It's a 64-bit CPU/OS so I don't understand what the problem is.

Last edited by Zenid; 17-11-18 at 07:18 PM.
Old 17-11-18, 08:52 PM   #6

Reload your laptop with the 32bit version of whatever version of windows you currently have on. You can download the .iso files from the official microsoft website and use your existing 64bit serial number for the 32bit installation. Extract the serial first before reinstalling as you will be asked for it.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-11-18, 02:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNZ View Post
Reload your laptop with the 32bit version of whatever version of windows you currently have on. You can download the .iso files from the official microsoft website and use your existing 64bit serial number for the 32bit installation. Extract the serial first before reinstalling as you will be asked for it.
Cheers. Finally got the 32-bit version of Win 7 installed and Diagbox is up and working giving a full diagnostic, and PP2000 also runs now.

Diagbox says that it's registered my DPF fluid renewal, but I'm still giving the P FILTER ADD LEVEL LOW error message. But that's a matter for another thread...
WillNZ and Equinox like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in