Key Learning - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-18, 12:08 PM   #1

Default Key Learning

Can anyone answer this question?

I have body repaired a 207 and have just sold subject to it coming with two keys. The car has one working key now.

I have used PP/Diagbox previously to program keys for the last 207 I repaired. It came with no keys as the ecu was swapped due to the water ingress problem. Anyway I bought two virgin keys and programmed them both no problem once I had the four digit code.

Now the same model of car with two virgin keys from the same supplier, same part number etc but they won't program/learn. I know all the keys required need to be programmed at the same time. I go through the PP/Diagbox process doing the working key first then the other two. The first key is fine but the others fail.

Do the virgin keys need to be done first?

What happens if I do them first and they fail and I drop out of the learning without getting to the original working key, will it no longer work? I don't want to end up with no working keys!

Car in question is a Peugeot 207 1.4hdi 2009.

Many thanks, Bob.
twocossiebob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-11-18, 12:32 PM   #2

Default program keys

1. If you got the keys from ebay, I be looking there first. don't trust the suppliers they lie. i be betting they are not the correct keys, have a look inside the fob and check the IC for comaptable PCF.
2. If your going through the PP/Diagbox process with the correct 4 digit code doing the working key first then the other two, and the first key is fine but the others fail, then that kinda confirms my point 1, don't trust he seller.

It's pretty straight forward process just follow the PP2000 instructions to code it, as long as the 4 digit code is correct.
as you have done it before I think you have bad/wrong fobs.

hope you sort it out...
Old 23-11-18, 12:42 PM   #3

Thanks hargaR1.

I did get the new keys from the same supplier I used a couple of months ago but you never know. They do look the same and the chip is there.

I could order another virgin key form somewhere else as they are cheap enough.

Anyone else with any other thoughts?
twocossiebob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-11-18, 02:18 PM   #4

Essentially the key fob has two roles that are quite independent of each other.

One role is that of remote control central locking/unlocking. The other role is that of immobilising.

Remote control central locking is the role of the circuit board and the buttons on the thing.

Immobilising is performed by a little chip that talks to the transponder (low power radio transmitter/reciever) built into the ring around the lock on the steering column.

On early models the transponder chip resonsible for immobilising was built into the plastic keyfob. On later models the chip was moved onto the circuit board. So the process for replacing keys is different according to MY. I thought 2009 would be around the time the change was made.

Read more here: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...-issue-307233/

I can only imagine the chaos if you installed a circuit board with onboard transponder chip into a keyfob that ALSO had a transponder chip! Anyone else know about this?

Last edited by Equinox; 24-11-18 at 10:38 AM.
Equinox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in