Key Fob (again !!) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-13, 06:36 PM   #1

Default Key Fob (again !!)

Can anyone advise on best course of action and possible cost please.......
the remote locking key fob is now VERY weak - it works OK just by the drivers door and inside, but any further way and nothing happens. I gather from searching threads here (thanks already !!) that the "transmitter chip" is giving up so I need a new board. (It's not a reprogramming issue - been there done that !)
Obviously the "blade" is OK and I have a second key (no "blipper") which works in the locks and ignition.
What are my options - for example - can I get a new fob, programmed to the car, with the "old" blade swapped over, or ................. ?????
All advice gratefully received.
Cheers,
David.
david207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-06-13, 07:30 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by david207 View Post
Can anyone advise on best course of action and possible cost please.......
the remote locking key fob is now VERY weak - it works OK just by the drivers door and inside, but any further way and nothing happens. I gather from searching threads here (thanks already !!) that the "transmitter chip" is giving up so I need a new board. (It's not a reprogramming issue - been there done that !)
Obviously the "blade" is OK and I have a second key (no "blipper") which works in the locks and ignition.
What are my options - for example - can I get a new fob, programmed to the car, with the "old" blade swapped over, or ................. ?????
All advice gratefully received.
Cheers,
David.
you need a new key I had same problem. cost me 150 at Peugeot dealers on a special deal normal price was 244, I got a price off lockman uk for 150 but if you don't have your key cutting code and immobiliser code its an extra 25.
you cant just change the board it wont work
markah2007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-06-13, 08:11 PM   #3

Thanks Markah - yes I feared that would be the answer. What I don't understand is that there must be the same chip in both keys - the one with the "blipper" ad the one that's just a key. But ..... the chip in the blipper seems to be soldered to the board which seems a bit unnecessary !

Old 26-06-13, 09:21 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by david207 View Post
Thanks Markah - yes I feared that would be the answer. What I don't understand is that there must be the same chip in both keys - the one with the "blipper" ad the one that's just a key. But ..... the chip in the blipper seems to be soldered to the board which seems a bit unnecessary !
Im not sure y but if you just change board remote wont unlock ect. If you have peugeot planet i can get u a new remote key for 27 just swap the blade with yours and program costs alot less
Old 27-06-13, 12:58 PM   #5

Thanks Markah. I'm still trying to get my head round the options ............
I have two keys, one with a blade which folds out and has a two-button "blipper" for the central locking. The other key is just a normal key but, I assume, has a chip in it for the immobiliser.
So ............. if I bought a new "ordinary" key from a Peugeot dealer and had it programmed to the car, could I buy a cheapo blipper off Ebay (without a key or with the key removed) and get it to work with the car, or does the "blipper" have to be programmed by a dealer as well ? What does an "ordinary" key cost to buy and programme ?
Thanks for any further advice.
Cheers,
David.
Old 27-06-13, 01:27 PM   #6

Any of us with Peugeot Planet can code your key:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/
Old 27-06-13, 03:39 PM   #7

Gibbo - thanks for the reply but this is where I get confused ......... by "code your key" I assume you mean that if I get a new key cut (presumably by a locksmith or Peugeot dealer) - then you can code the chip in that key to work with my car (and the key I already have will still work ?).
At the moment I have two keys, both of which work, and a "blipper" for the central locking which doesn't unless it's about a foot from the inside of the car and I assume that the "chip" for the immobiliser is on the PCB in the "blipper". I'm trying to work out how to get a new "blipper" which works properly - should I :
1. Get a new key cut, get it coded by someone with the necessary kit, and then buy a cheapo "blipper" from Ebay and do the reprogramming stuff for the "blipper" myself - is that possible ??
OR
2. As above, but get a "blipper" with a folding key from Ebay, chuck the key blade away, replace it with my folding key blade and code the blipper to my car by doing the "hold-the-button-for-ten-seconds stuff."
OR
3. Get a new folding key / blipper from a dealer / locksmith and then get someone with the right kit to code the key and the blipper to work with my car.
Sorry if I'm being thick, but on a previous (non-Peugeot) car, the folding key/blipper separated into two bits so the metal key and the immobiliser chip were in one part - and HAD to be cut and coded by a dealer or someone with the right kit and the remote locking part could be programmed to the car by the owner by pressing various buttons in the right order.
Am I making sense ??
Old 27-06-13, 04:26 PM   #8
CAB

2nd hand keys are no good and cannot be recoded.

Dealer or locksmith for new remote key.

plain keys which are non remote are cheap and easy to sort.

only buy repair kits or replacement fobs from ebay not used keys as your wasting your money.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-06-13, 04:29 PM   #9
CAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by markah2007 View Post
Im not sure y but if you just change board remote wont unlock ect. If you have peugeot planet i can get u a new remote key for 27 just swap the blade with yours and program costs alot less
Please share where you can get new remote keys for 27.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-06-13, 04:47 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB View Post
Please share where you can get new remote keys for 27.
400428924716 here is ebay item number he does other keys too. Its brand new same frequency new remote and new id46 transponder just dosnt have pug sign on but who cares when its that cheap just put the back part of your old case on and its got a pug sign and use ur old blade then use pp to program it uv got a new key for 27 quid saving u over 100 atleast. U could even buy pp and key for 127
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in