Just Found Out My 2009 Peugeot 207 Has Had Mileage Clocked - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-11-15, 07:49 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Just Found Out My 2009 Peugeot 207 Has Had Mileage Clocked

As the title says

The car was purchased from a small dealer near me for cash

I have just done a on-line check on the history of my car. Everything tallies with what it says in the service/maintenance book until this year

We purchased the car in July as having done 63000 miles as advertised on their website. However after doing the on-line check it shows having done 102000 miles after it had a supposed MOT/Service this February

Do I have case here to challenge the dealer??

Thanks
TH71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-11-15, 08:12 PM   #2

If you are basing this on the mileage on 1 mot then have you considdered that the mileage may have been input wrongly by the mot tester ?
Old 17-11-15, 08:19 PM   #3
Inactive User

I did think that but on the MOT Certificate it failed it's first test on the 5th Feb with for example sake 101,000 on, then after the re-test three days later the mileage was 101,002

Either way, surely the dealer would do a check when they are taking a car in to make sure the car was legit

Old 17-11-15, 08:25 PM   #4

So it failed a test and done 2 miles in 3 days it never went far then did it ?

Sounds to me like the mot tester was lazy made a mistake on the first tests mileage then when they retest they simply look up the fail so he read mileage from there and added a couple on.

Sorry but this seems plausible to me as i have seen it happen a few times my clios miles go up and down twice and its not clocked it had a new speedo.

What mileage is on the year befores test?

Last edited by reliable406; 17-11-15 at 08:27 PM.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-11-15, 09:00 PM   #5
Inactive User

I can relate to reliable's comment, I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. I have seen this happen many times. Out of curiosity was it the same tester who passed the car after repairs? Either way it could still happen but most likely down to laziness. Any details in the maintenance book regarding previous owners?? Mine has the two previous owners details at the back section and I've added mine to it.
Mcn_207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-11-15, 09:06 PM   #6
Inactive User

That is quite possibly the case it seems. Thing is, should we wish to sell the car, then the mileage is going to be incorrect as it shows on the MOT Certificate

MOT Certificate

02/2012 at 50389 miles
02/2013 at 54793 miles
02/2014 at 58830 miles
02/2015 at 100369 miles

In the Service Book

First stamp 26/04/2010 at 19755
Second stamp 05/02/2011 at 38931
Third stamp 11/02/2012 at 50207
Fourth stamp 29/05/2015 and was 63576

Will the DVLA/VOSA be able to do anything about the mileage bearing in mind the last stamp in the Service book, and the same as when we purchased the car was 63576

Thanks
Old 17-11-15, 09:17 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcn_207 View Post
I can relate to reliable's comment, I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. I have seen this happen many times. Out of curiosity was it the same tester who passed the car after repairs? Either way it could still happen but most likely down to laziness. Any details in the maintenance book regarding previous owners?? Mine has the two previous owners details at the back section and I've added mine to it.
I am trying to find out how many owners it has had without success apart from service stamps locations of which there are one on its own and two of the same service centre, so maybe 2 previous owners.

Regarding who tested the car, it does seem to be the same tester

Last edited by TH71; 17-11-15 at 09:19 PM.
Old 17-11-15, 09:20 PM   #8

Are you seriously thinking your car done average miles then in 1 year done 40k then was clocked back !!

You could waste time going to vosa to get the record amended but dont waste time with DVLA its not of any interest to them

Your car WAS NOT clocked its simply human error on the part of the mot tester go back to the MOT garage and complain they will know if it can be fixed if you get no joy THEN go to VOSA.

Amount of owners is on V5
Old 17-11-15, 09:26 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Are you seriously thinking your car done average miles then in 1 year done 40k then was clocked back !!

You could waste time going to vosa to get the record amended but dont waste time with DVLA its not of any interest to them

Your car WAS NOT clocked its simply human error on the part of the mot tester go back to the MOT garage and complain they will know if it can be fixed if you get no joy THEN go to VOSA.
Yes I came to that conclusion, when I have said in my other post that it seems to be the case (lazy tester)

All that we are bothered about now is when we come to sell the car, which has done 40,000 miles more than it actually has

So we'll go to the garage where we got the car from and see what they can do
Old 17-11-15, 09:33 PM   #10

Car has not done 40k more though and anyone looking at the history would see that too as your next mot will be at around 70k and that will be what the mot will say.

The miles are read from the speedo and its possible the tester read the miles till next service by mistake or simply wrote down the wrong cars miles only he knows what happened but then he probably wont
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in