Interior fusebox location? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-15, 09:53 AM   #1
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
Default Interior fusebox location?

I have a 2008 207 pug and am planning to hard-wire a dash cam to it for insurance purposes. I checked out a couple of tutorials online and it seems pretty straight forward:
1- Check the fusebox map
2- Use the multimeter to find out if this fuse has power only on ignition
3- Plugin the fuse tap
4- Connect the wires either to the dashcam's adapter or to a 12 to 5v dc adapter
5- Tidy everything up and you're done!

But I can't to the life of me find the fusebox inside the car. I checked the glove compartment and it wasn't there. I think it has something to do with my steering wheel being on the left side instead of the right.

I appreciate any tips or pointers!!
pug-master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-04-15, 10:38 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
PaulMillard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 1,056
Default

When you open the glove box, there is another panel that comes off within the glove box on my 2010 207.

Put your finger in the red circle and then pull. Even then its hard to see the fuses as they are quite recessed. Hope you find it ok.

If not could always tap into the back of the cigarette lighter. Thats what i oplan to do when I fit my dashcam anyway!

__________________
2014 308 1.6 HDi - Milton Keynes


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-15, 11:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 202
Default

Beat me to it Paul,just took photo.
PaulMillard likes this.
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-15, 12:19 PM   #4
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMillard View Post
When you open the glove box, there is another panel that comes off within the glove box on my 2010 207.

Put your finger in the red circle and then pull. Even then its hard to see the fuses as they are quite recessed. Hope you find it ok.

If not could always tap into the back of the cigarette lighter. Thats what i oplan to do when I fit my dashcam anyway!


I have a different glove compartment. Spent a solid 10 minutes staring through the compartment, but couldn't find a latch or a hint of a fusebox present. You got me interested in the cigarette lighter thing, but I don't know how to disassemble the dashboard to reach the wiring.

Here are a couple of pics of my glove compartment (sorry for potato quality)
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
pug-master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-15, 01:25 PM   #5
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug-master View Post
I have a different glove compartment. Spent a solid 10 minutes staring through the compartment, but couldn't find a latch or a hint of a fusebox present. You got me interested in the cigarette lighter thing, but I don't know how to disassemble the dashboard to reach the wiring.

Here are a couple of pics of my glove compartment (sorry for potato quality)
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
It might be worth your while registering yourself in Service Box with any old independent garage name (fictitious) and coughing up 5 for the one hour access to get the info on your car after you have entered the VIN. I did that some weeks back to find out how to wire in a rear camera.
FourOaksMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-15, 02:12 PM   #6
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaksMan View Post
It might be worth your while registering yourself in Service Box with any old independent garage name (fictitious) and coughing up 5 for the one hour access to get the info on your car after you have entered the VIN. I did that some weeks back to find out how to wire in a rear camera.
Already have an old account. Which section should I go to? I tried searching fusebox and only got the info regarding the one under the bonnet.
pug-master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-15, 02:48 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
PaulMillard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 1,056
Default

Ah, shame its not in there.

Do let us know when you do find it eventually. I cant imagine there are many other places to put it. Its got to be under the dash somewhere?

As for the cigarette lighter, i think most of the plastic in that section just pulls apart. Just be careful and have a play. From what i remember my cigarette lighter is on spade terminals so you could just create a simple Y cable, female on one and and male on both other ends. Same for ground. This means should you ever wish to remove it, its easier.
__________________
2014 308 1.6 HDi - Milton Keynes


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-15, 04:29 PM   #8
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug-master View Post
Already have an old account. Which section should I go to? I tried searching fusebox and only got the info regarding the one under the bonnet.
I find Service Box a bit hit and miss for some items. Have you tried looking under the steering wheel area, yours being LHD. I would be surprised if the fusebox has been moved from left to right with a change of steering position. Tried the electrical part, I assume, so try Equipment, Fascia Panel Assembly - there is a pull off panel under the steering wheel to the left of it. Also, have you access to a Haynes manual as they are very good?
FourOaksMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-15, 04:44 PM   #9
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug-master View Post
I have a 2008 207 pug and am planning to hard-wire a dash cam to it for insurance purposes. I checked out a couple of tutorials online and it seems pretty straight forward:
1- Check the fusebox map
2- Use the multimeter to find out if this fuse has power only on ignition
3- Plugin the fuse tap
4- Connect the wires either to the dashcam's adapter or to a 12 to 5v dc adapter
5- Tidy everything up and you're done!

But I can't to the life of me find the fusebox inside the car. I checked the glove compartment and it wasn't there. I think it has something to do with my steering wheel being on the left side instead of the right.

I appreciate any tips or pointers!!
Go to Service Box but do not logon or if logged on log out, then you should see at the top right "Handbook Pack". Select this and select your language (I tried French being LHD) after selecting the model and its variant for yours and the date of production you will find the front cover of the handbook appears. I went to (in French again) "Information Pratiques" then "Changement D'un Fusible" - "Remplacement D'un Fusible" . You need also to look at the next pages "Fusible dans la Planche de Bord" for the fuse board layout. I know that somewhere you can download the whole handbook but have forgotten for the moment how and where as I did this for my 508. There you will see illustrated perhaps (and hope) what you are seeking. I hope this helps and solves your problem. A further thought, you can select the language before you search so if you are a non English speaker this may help you but ensure they drive LHD!

Last edited by FourOaksMan; 02-04-15 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added a sentence
FourOaksMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-15, 05:12 PM   #10
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaksMan View Post
Go to Service Box but do not logon or if logged on log out, then you should see at the top right "Handbook Pack". Select this and select your language (I tried French being LHD) after selecting the model and its variant for yours and the date of production you will find the front cover of the handbook appears. I went to (in French again) "Information Pratiques" then "Changement D'un Fusible" - "Remplacement D'un Fusible" . You need also to look at the next pages "Fusible dans la Planche de Bord" for the fuse board layout. I know that somewhere you can download the whole handbook but have forgotten for the moment how and where as I did this for my 508. There you will see illustrated perhaps (and hope) what you are seeking. I hope this helps and solves your problem. A further thought, you can select the language before you search so if you are a non English speaker this may help you but ensure they drive LHD!
On further looking it appears that only some language versions of the handbooks are down-loadable. English and Polish I have found so far. If you see two sets of icons once you select the vehicle the one with a tiny icon to its right is the downloadable version. An a Macbook (don't know about Windows) you can right click to download the linked file. If you are unable to download the pages, let me know the language and I will see if I can locate the pages for you and send you a screen grab.
FourOaksMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.