I changed the air filter and everything went wrong!!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-15, 07:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default I changed the air filter and everything went wrong!!!

So this has me stumped and I've had my garage scratching their head for a few days now, my 207 (2006 1.4 16v with 80,000 miles on it) thrown up an antipollution fault literally the first time I turned the engine on after swapping the air filter for a new one, it also more annoyingly began to run really lumpy revving up dropping off and revving up again before starting to idle at 1500rpm (about 500 rpm higher than normal). Also it smells as if the fuel mixture is off or some fuel isn't being burnt (I was thinking this could be down to a mis fire?) They've tested it for everything like vacuum leaks, crank position sensor, mass air flow sensor, coil pack, spark plugs all to no avail. The mechanic feels it has to be the out dated software on the ecu causing the issue and has told me to go to a main dealer to have them read the fault codes and if needed update the software. Problem is I know they will charge me the earth.
Whilst I do trust these guys and they are a very honest and reputable private garage I can't help but feel that they have gotten to their limit and don't want to spend any more time on the vehicle and have given me this as an excuse to pass the burden on.

I want to stress all these problems kicked off as soon as I changed the air filter, and before anyone asks yes I did put the old filter back to see if that was the cause of the problem.

The codes that they said they are reading off the ECU are:

P0609: Control module VSS Output B malfunction
P0532: Air conditioning pressure sensor, low input
P0106: Manifold pressure, range/performance problem (inconsistency)

Thanks.
RyanUK89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-15, 01:43 AM   #2

You can avoid the official dealer, contact someone near from you with pp2000 scanning tool for a fraction of the cost in order to read the codes and get a better diagnosis by reading real time parameters.

How to: Contact a member for Peugeot Planet Diagnostic.

Hope it helps,

erick
erick-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-15, 08:55 AM   #3
Inactive User

Oh okay that's great, I'll have a look on there soon to see if there's anyone local who can help.

Old 09-07-15, 11:11 AM   #4

wonder if its something as simple as the vss sensor, i know on the fords a bad sensor can mess up the ecu settings and cause all sorts of problems, no idea where it is on your engine (gearbox?) or it may be from the abs sensor, but then you would get a abs light on.

would also get the valve timing looked at.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-15, 11:22 AM   #5
Inactive User

Location: Cavan Ireland home of potholes you can bury a car in.

I think i would would start by trying to fix the p0106 because p0690 is unpleasant. p0532 could have been there before, might just need a drop of refrigerant 134a.

If you definitely don't have a vacuum leak, then perhaps when changing the air filter a little bit of crud fell down into the air intake pipe and made its way to the map sensor. Maybe have a look at the throttle body when your there.

Live data really would make the problem glaringly obvious.
14.5:1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-15, 03:26 PM   #6
Inactive User

I thought that, I was thinking perhaps something had gotten into the throttle body or into the idle control valve. I think I'll buy some throttle body cleaner and try and give it a good clean. As soon as I've got my posts up to 20 I'm going to look at that other posters suggestion and speak to someone of the planet Peugeot thread about using their diagnostic equipment.

I did find something interesting last night, I had a look myself and found that one of the smaller plastic hoses (it plugs directly into the air box right where the air box is sealed to the opening of the throttle body) had quite a large tear in it. Not having a spare to hand I attempted to seal it up with insulation tape. It made no difference but I'm wondering if that's because the codes still need clearing.

Thanks again for the help guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in