high speed misfire 120vti - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-13, 01:32 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default high speed misfire 120vti

HI
can anyone help, I have a 207 vti 120 sport and it runs fine for months and then if you go on a motorway journey of more than about forty miles it develops a misfire that gets worse, getting bad enough so it is hard to keep engine running, I then get car off of mway stop engine leave it off for five mins (may be ok after less but usually just let it stand a little while) and restart it, car then can run fine for months until next time you are on a long motorway journey and it misfires again, it has had a new genuine Peugeot cat, new lambda sensor and new spark plugs, but this work was not done because of misfire it was done to clear emissions faults,

Thanks Very much for any help

(could it be coil pack(s))
OZZYSBIKES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-04-13, 02:06 PM   #2

Maybe an injector playing up? I would try some petrol injector cleaner, Redex or similar, it may help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-04-13, 02:10 PM   #3
davidireland

Coil packs give trouble on this engine also. Ive loads fitted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-04-13, 03:12 PM   #4
Inactive User

HI David, would you say it is likely to be coil packs breaking down after an hour or so driving without much of a change of engine speed, have also heard that plugs work better (less likely to stop sparking) if gap is reduced to 0.65mm, I will get codes read and if it is cylinder three and four (again), I will try source two new coil packs, are there any ones that are poor quality or are they all as good or bad as each other,
Cheers
OZZYSBIKES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in