High Oil Pressure [1.6HDi 90bhp] - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gibbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-13, 11:39 AM   #1

Default High Oil Pressure [1.6HDi 90bhp]

I've had a look around but couldn't find any posts relating to this.

In summary my questions are:
  • How do I unblock the oil channels?
  • Would an engine flush be justified in this situation?
  • Is there a better designed sump available for this model?
  • Is there software that will read the engine oil pressure through the diagnostic slot?

I've had my Pug [207 1.6HDi 90bhp 58 plate] sitting on the drive for the last four months due to a lubrication problem. Shortly after buying this car I had some problems with the EGRV and turbo, which were "fixed" by the garage that I bought it from. After which I was told that the car had a full service and oil change. A few weeks later the engine sounded like it was playing the spoons, and then the low oil pressure warning light came on.

I took the car to an independant garage, because the company that I bought the car from refused further help, and was told that the pressure at the oil pressure sensor was infact much higher than it should be. This to me would mean that there is a blockage somewhere. Which would go some way to explain the premature failure of the turbo.

During the engine test the garage "reved" the car up to 4k and there was a cloud of white smoke from the turbo, more of that elsewhere.

Having insufficient funds to book the car into a garage, I'm going to give fixing it a crack. I've changed the oil and filter, both of which were pitch black, and noticed that the sump when tilted or flat retains quite a significant amount of oil due to a bit of poor design. The sump plug is recessed about 10 mm into the sump, so bottom of the sump cannot be fully cleaned of heavy debris. Does anyone know of an alternative sump design that will fit the bottom of the engine that allows for a better oil change?

The previous owner must have been a bit lax on oil changes, so have considered using an engine flush to clear some of the crud out, then dropping and cleaning the sump pan. Based on the problems I've experienced what would people suggest?

I don't have an oil pressure gauge, but I do have a diagnostic tool and wonder if there was software that would be able to read the oil pressure sensors output?

As an aside, I would suggest to anyone in West London to avoid Top Choice Motors, or take along a solicitor if they ask you to sign anything. They were based in the Northfields Industrial Estate, Alperton when I had the misfortune to encounter them.

Last edited by Slogblat; 17-06-13 at 11:42 AM.
Slogblat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-06-13, 11:57 AM   #2
davidireland

The long and short of it is that the engine is rubbish. Theres no way it can be cleaned out 100%. Thats what happens with poor servicing of this engine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-06-13, 01:38 PM   #3

Miserly behaviour of the previous owner = big expense for current. Really makes me sick because its the car and Peugeot name that gets the abuse.
davidireland and 407 mad like this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in