HELP Please - Dangerous Peugeot - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-09-17, 10:49 AM   #1

Default HELP Please - Dangerous Peugeot

I've had instances where "Antipollution Faulty", Low Oil Pressure - STOP has happened and the car has just stopped in mid track. Last night this happened when I was overtaking. Not good

Turn the ignition off and restart OIL OK and everything is fine.

Needless to say the oil pressure has been checked and was fine when tested. If there is an OBD error, and sometimes there isn't, it'll be "BSI unexpected reset" error. Planet used for this btw not generic code reader.

I've had the car since March and this has happened about 8 or 10 times in 6000 miles. What is strange is that this has only ever happened when (a) the outside temperature is really warm, eg > 27C OR (b) When the car has been stopped for several minutes (eg 20mins) and then driven. It has never happened when the outside temp is normal UK temperatures and the car is just driven off. I've done lots of long journeys absolutely trouble free.

Needless to say this is a very dangerous fault and no-one seems to have a clue what it is. I can't afford to get in a cycle of replacing numerous expensive parts that don't fix the problem.

I suppose the obvious things to check or replace are the oil pressure switch, maybe replace oil filter - there are some suggestions floating about that OEM filters don't work as well as the genuine Peugeot items.

Something I found on Google suggests it could be the fuse box, hence the BSI resetting.....

Any suggestions?

Last edited by BigYinUK; 17-09-17 at 11:18 AM.
BigYinUK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-09-17, 12:36 PM   #2

Oil pressure low comes on if the engine cuts out or the engine revs get too low this is a common issue on newer peugeots its not REALLY the oil pressure there is nothing wrong in that department.

The real issue is what is making it cut out this is causing the oil pressure warning concentrate on looking at fuel pressure readings etc in live data this will get you the answers i recon.
Old 17-09-17, 12:40 PM   #3

Just ran up Planet and no BSI errors BUT there were 2 other errors:

1. Power Steering
2. ABS/Traction Control

Both saying unable to talk to the engine ECU.

Oil pressure info comes via the Engine Relay Unit.

Looking more and more like an electrical problem?

Old 17-09-17, 12:52 PM   #4

Fault codes only tell you what HAS happened live data tells you what IS happeneing but its possible the fusebox is the culprit ABS and steering both go through fusebox i would do more testing to find out first.
Old 17-09-17, 01:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
..... live data tells you what IS happeneing but its possible the fusebox is the culprit ABS and steering both go through fusebox i would do more testing to find out first.
I agree but the challenge will be having the live data when the fault actually occurs as its so intermittent.

I just took all the connections and fuses out of the BSM and gave everything a liberal squirt of Servisol. Maybe that will help
Old 17-09-17, 07:33 PM   #6

i would also unplug and wd40 the plug/socket in the abs ecu, may be getting water in.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...207-sw-280714/

oil pressure could be the switch, but another member had his cam cover changed by peugeot which would point to a duff pcv valve.

check for water and corrosion first.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-09-17, 12:01 PM   #7

I had the STOP - LOW OIL PRESSURE message and it turned out to be a faulty oil pressure switch as above. Maybe it is playing up and is an intermittent fault? and not related to the other faults showing. If i remember an oil pressure switch costs about a tenner.
scoey1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-09-17, 01:31 PM   #8

Default model year

What model, variant motor year we talking here?
Old 18-09-17, 07:43 PM   #9

207 - 2008 1.4HDi 80,000 miles.

@scoey1001 Unless the STOP directly causes the the ABS and steering to fault, its a bit of a coincidence that every time this has occurred the date/time/speed recorded in the OBD fault logs for the steering and ABS is exactly the same time (date and speed) the Low Oil Pressure - STOP occurred.

It does make more sense to me at least, that something common to steering ABS and Oil pressure is causing this. So ATM the BSM has to be my prime suspect.

Thanks for the suggestion though and to others for their's hopefully I'll fix it.

If it occurs again I'm going to replace the BSM - they are only 63 on eBay. If it still does it, then its bye bye Peugeot and TBH with all the other problems I've had with this car it won't be another Pug that I'll be getting.

Regards
Old 20-09-17, 04:51 PM   #10

New fault today.

Came up with Oil Pressure Low and stopped. On checking with Planet, F5FF Unexpected Re-Initialisation coming from BSI.

So, could this be a BSI fault or still more likely the BSM?

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in