Help installing stereo in 207 - hit a snag - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-03-13, 08:24 AM   #1

Exclamation Help installing stereo in 207 - hit a snag

So I bought the right type of wiring harness adapters etc to change my stereo, thinking it's a plug-n-play sort of job (I've done these before) but I found a couple of things which I couldn't figure out.

First, I found what appears to be an amplifier for the antenna. No matter, this I can get around.

Then, I found a red wire with black 'rings' on it. One end disappears into the glovebox fuse compartment, where it connects with a bullet connector and becomes purple on the other end.

Then the other end of the wire terminates into what appears to be a little vampire clip junction box sort of thing. There are 2 wires going from this junction box. One red wire which goes into the connector for the stereo, and a black wire which has a 3A fuse on it then disappears into the drivers side kick panel area.

Doesn't make any sense to me. I was expecting to pull the old stereo and harness, then install the new wiring harness and plug my new stereo in and call it a day.

Can anyone take a look at the below photo and advise how I can remove this?

Basically I need to take everything out so I can use the harness which I purchased.

http://i.snag.gy/13P6T.jpg

The car has the original stereo in it still, NOT the RD4, this car came without that. It came with a Panasonic C1303DP which looks like this.

Last edited by bung206; 16-03-13 at 08:28 AM.
bung206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in