Help Engine can't run - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-13, 10:16 AM   #1
Inactive User

Angry Help Engine can't run

Hi
I hope that one of you smart people can help me, so I get an idea of how big a problem I have?

Peugeot 207 1.6 HDI 90 HP, 2007, KM 193000

Error Description:
When the ignition key is turned the engine starts and it goes ok at idle. But the engine lamp stays on, it beeps and writes "Anti Pollution Fault" on the display.
But at the moment that I give it more speed, and as soon as the speed rises above approx. 1200 RPM, the engine turn off (sounds like it’s drowning) and it smell of unburned diesel. I can start it again, but the same scenario repeats itself again.

The following 3 OBD fault codes can then be read out:

P0192 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Low
peugeot P0192 OBD/DLC Error Code - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Low

P0409 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor "A" Circuit
peugeot P0409 OBD/DLC Error Code - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor "A" Circuit

P0489 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit Low
peugeot P0489 OBD/DLC Error Code - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit Low

Regards
Henrik (Denmark)
lord2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-03-13, 02:11 PM   #2

Have you filled up with anything other than normal diesel?

•If your vehicle has an optical fuel sensor, then you may not be able to use Black Diesel. The optical fuel sensor monitors fuel quality by reflecting light through the fuel, as Black Diesel is not transparent, the sensor identifies this as bad fuel, and activates warning lamps, or puts the vehicle into limp mode
•Black Diesel cannot be mixed with vegetable oil or Biodiesel - it may cause polymerisation, leading to "pisting ring gumming" and engine failure, any vehicle that has been running on biodiesel or vegetable oil must be run until it stalls, then flushed through with diesel to eliminate vegetable oil or biodiesel residues from the tank and fuel lines

Black Diesel is an alternative fuel to Diesel, and most common rail diesel engines can run on it
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-13, 03:19 PM   #3
Inactive User

It only runs on normal diesel from authorized service stations. I have never used anything else.
lord2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 31-03-13, 03:20 PM   #4
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep64 View Post
Have you filled up with anything other than normal diesel?

•If your vehicle has an optical fuel sensor, then you may not be able to use Black Diesel. The optical fuel sensor monitors fuel quality by reflecting light through the fuel, as Black Diesel is not transparent, the sensor identifies this as bad fuel, and activates warning lamps, or puts the vehicle into limp mode
•Black Diesel cannot be mixed with vegetable oil or Biodiesel - it may cause polymerisation, leading to "pisting ring gumming" and engine failure, any vehicle that has been running on biodiesel or vegetable oil must be run until it stalls, then flushed through with diesel to eliminate vegetable oil or biodiesel residues from the tank and fuel lines

Black Diesel is an alternative fuel to Diesel, and most common rail diesel engines can run on it
What???? Where did you pick this up?

There definitely isin't anyhing like that in any Peugeot. Diagnostic check is whats needed to see whats wrong.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-13, 07:05 PM   #5

shep64 - you're a little premature mate - 1st April is tomorrow according to my calendar.
davidireland likes this.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-13, 07:11 PM   #6
davidireland

Im going to look up so called Black Diesel. See what google says.

Old 31-03-13, 07:18 PM   #7
davidireland

Its running your car on waste engine oil and auto transmission oil. Definitely not recommended.

Old 31-03-13, 08:00 PM   #8
Inactive User

Hi
I had this problem just the other week, exactly the same scenario, but slightly different faults.
My problem was as soon as you put your foot down and give it some welly up a hill the car was asking for more fuel and my car was not able to do that hence the car completely cutting out 30 secs later turn key and BOOM! running fine untill i try giving welly again.

Solution was New fuel filter, this is what i found

Would defo try this for the price they are
trimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-13, 08:11 PM   #9

Honestly it true folks..Oilybits Black Diesel Filtration System - Oilybits Black Diesel Filtration System - Black Diesel Eqpt. - Oilybits.com - The U.K's Premier Bio Fuel Equipment Superstore
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-13, 08:33 PM   #10
davidireland

Where did you even get the inclination that it was this that was the problem?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in