help anti theft not starting - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-19, 02:06 PM   #1

Default help anti theft not starting

i all i have got my sons 207 1.4 hdi car from for a week 07 plate the car was running fine other day and when he lasted used the car he dropped the car keys and the remote fob 2 button fell apart picked it up put it back together with tape and all that ordering new key case

anyway since he has dropped the keys the car will not start it comes up with anti theft faulty on the display in dash

i have took the key to local car key place and they said its not reading the chip ok is there anything can do he said needs soldering its loose so he did that and then he tested the key in a machine and said now the key can read the chip so should work in your car when u get home and charged me 5 for his time

so come home happy anyway put key in still not starting this car has always run good and been reliable can anybody help has its needed the car still says antitheft faulty than after trying to start goes into economy mode then i have to dissconnect the battery to get it out of that on display dont know what else to try anyu help and thanks for reading i will reply asap has in and out of the garage to try and sort it
ian livsey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-19, 03:45 PM   #2

recode key to car its not the key thats the problem its the car not seeing it thats the problem !!
Old 04-04-19, 03:47 PM   #3

how do i do that please mate ? is that where i hold the lock button down on the key for 10 seconds with ign on that could be a problem has the man in key shop said the remote keys are not working but the immobilser part is sending signal..? thanks for your reply

Last edited by ian livsey; 04-04-19 at 03:51 PM.

Old 04-04-19, 03:50 PM   #4

Read the forum plenty info you cannot do it yourself.
Old 04-04-19, 05:09 PM   #5

i have read loads of post i also have peugeot planet put can not find anywhere wheather the key can be recoded or i have to buy a new virgin key and pcb in the key and programme that or this key and fob will work has it did before he dropped the key any more help i have read nearly every post on here and other sites
thank you
Old 05-04-19, 06:52 PM   #6

still having no luck with this car can the key be reprogrammed does any1 know or is it a new key pcb needed a virgin 1?
Old 05-04-19, 09:50 PM   #7

PLANET pin code recode key simple

You say you have planet so its a simple task of recoding the key as i say its all been discussed in great detail many times on here.
ian livsey likes this.
Old 06-04-19, 01:09 PM   #8

thanks for your reply just been out to the car and put it on planet but i am new to it so may be doing something wrong or chip is broke tried to reprogramme the old chip what is still in the key tried doing it 3 times and then says wait 1 min and try again done that loads of times and no joy so did a global test and got this back
BUILT IN SYSTEMS INTERFACE
Transponder (without hands-free starting)or badge (with hands free starting)
recognition fault .Not characterised .local.

any more help please or do i need a virgin key fob
son needs car back in afew days
please help?
Old 07-04-19, 03:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
PLANET pin code recode key simple

You say you have planet so its a simple task of recoding the key as i say its all been discussed in great detail many times on here.
can u shine any more light on this please has i have posted above reply with the results of what i found on planet and what it says after trying to programme key any would be great has not got long left to do his car he back from hols on thursday and would like to have it ready for then but no body commenting only u need help do u think a new key fob board is needed or is it more then that and something wrong with car
Old 08-04-19, 08:52 AM   #10

By the sounds of it your key still has a fault, if your local to me i can sort this for you (BD13 2PE) if you got a virgin pcb this would also fix your issues it would need programming though
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in