HDI Problem Pug / Head scratcher? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-02-15, 08:13 PM   #1
Inactive User

Unhappy HDI Problem Pug / Head scratcher?

Hello Forum!

56 plate 207 HDI 112k on the clock and dying slowly…..
Unfortunately its going to be a bit difficult to cut a long story short, I don’t want to miss any details that could help resolve the problems im having with my Pug 207 HDI (56 reg – 2006)
I purchased this car from a Used car dealer about 2 months ago now, and since the first week there has been issues, some more serious than others but I will mention them all as I write on.

My main problem is this: The car only reaches 2000rpm and will not go over 70mph regardless? I have been told that the car is not in Limp mode but a safety mode? I have checked the Turbo and its fine as far as I can see, on the second week of ownership (previously everything was great!) I found out that the rear brakes were seized after receiving an on dash ABS and Braking system faulty messages, I had new calipers, discs and pads fitted out on the rear and all is sorted out at the cost of £300+ (Dealer warranty not interested!) still a bit squeaky and squeechy!
After the new brakes upon a 30 minute drive “beep beep” Anti pollution system fault message!
Great!.... After running my own diagnostics 10 error codes told me that the EGR had gone (Completely broke and bouncing about), So for £450 I decided to have the EGR Blanked off and removed from the ECU (Many thanks Zen sport (Top Notch service ) and now with no EGR I get zero error codes, nothing, no permanent codes remain in the ECU, the tuning company told me that the Re-map and delete job should have upped the cars BHP from 90 to 125 but the was an issue where the car would not snap out of its safety mode? With a few options we collaborated over ideas and only the DPF, elloys fluid came to mind that could be causing an issue?
I can replace the DPF (But no error codes given?) or have the DPF cleaned, Have the DPF Removed (+ECU Delete),or have Peugeot check the Elloys fluid and pump?

On inspection I have noticed a lot of oil (black oil) sitting in the inlet pipe of the Turbo, This oil is spitting out of the rocker breather quite a lot, im sure its not supposed to be like this? I know the oil is not coming out of the turbo bearings, the turbine in the turbo is set nice and central and rocks evenly yet spins perfectly central (no grinding noises or screeches) and there is evidence that the oil is defiantly coming from the rocker breather, the question is why?
I have gone over the problem in my head and its logical to say that the DPF is cooked (totally) 112k on the clock and never had a new DPF, (But no codes?) anyway if the dpf is blocked up then I guess that it would account for the car not wanting to start up when warm which always happens! –starts cold fine but not after a 10 mile run?, so with a baked DPF perhaps there is an abundance of back pressure causing the engine to kick into its “safety mode” or it could just be huge pressure slowing everything down and in turn either way causing that rocker breather to chuck oil down the turbo’s in take pipe?
So all the problems are:

Wont start when warm (turns over and kicks out the ecu and all aux power, then starts eventualy) but always starts when cold.
Limited Speed, 2K revs no more, feels like the driving without a turbo but the turbo is working fine to my knowledge, it was replaced (the turbo) at 110k am now at 112k on the clock
EGR was buggered, so blanked, deleted and full remap job professionally done.
Brakes are all good now, new air filter, fuel filter will be replaced this week than on to an oil change and filter.
The car is very tidy for its age, I do know it never once had a service and was not looked after engine wise, I doubt that it had ever had an air filter change or pollen filter as they were completely Black when I removed them! (Baked in black dirt)
Its like the symptoms of the DPF trying to regen? I am clueless about what to fix first and now the real issue for me is budget!
The cat cost me 2000, then the braked issue - £300+ and then the EGR job (inc egr delete) and remap £450+, also done fuel additive (d-tox) and DPF / Injector cleaner additives, air filter, fuel filter and more or less my budget is blown now with all the problems that stacked up.
Plus, Does anyone know a cheap DPF fitter in East Essex (Colchester area), I can just afford the new DPF and a ton + vat for fitting then I’m absolutely broke!

If any one can help me out with what’s going on with this 207 have idea or questions – your all welcome and I will be grateful for any responses.

Cheers.
JarvisDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-02-15, 07:19 PM   #2
Inactive User

You say you have your own diagnostic kit. Is this a universal one or Peugeot Planet. As Peugeot Planet will give you a lot more information.
5worthington is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-02-15, 12:01 AM   #3
Inactive User

Its an ELM unit with Pro-Scan with add on plugins, so universal.
Yeah, been looking at PP2000 stuff on here, would not know who to get the set from to be honest (software and socket), but the re-mapper did also have a good natter with me and in that conversation he said that there were no existing codes, and none were delivered after the car was sent out on its test drive after the remap?

So, what ever is wrong probably includes a damaged sensor perhaps? may be why I am getting no codes, I still suspect the DPF to be honest, a badly looked after 110k 207! DPF must have had it by now surely? x by the fact that when the turbo went in its life time a few k's ago before I owned it, it was probably driven for miles day in day out before the replacement was fitted (dumping LOADS of oil down the DPF), this is what I suspect, its too much like the cars stuck in regen mode and its not happening and causing back pressure to add to the mix.

Old 28-02-15, 12:03 AM   #4
Inactive User

Oh, and thanks for your message!
Old 28-02-15, 08:59 AM   #5

I would get original map put back on the car and see if any of the problems are resolved. You could have a poor egr map removal which is affecting boost and other ECU control systems.

If the problems remain you can always reload the mapped file if you download it before put original file on ecu.
Old 28-02-15, 03:46 PM   #6
Inactive User

I would have Peugeot diagnostic as you can see what's happening in real time. I would contact Eccles or I have diagnostics if he's not available.
5worthington is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-15, 11:52 PM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks for the responses, I have searched up Eccles and will get in touch, I see he has a proper diagnostics set going on.

As for the original map,..... That's not really something I want to do or even try after just paying a pro to do a custom re-map and EGR delete, see I have no EGR now as the previous one was literally shafted and gave me the anti pollution errors - including what put the car in slow-mo mode!

Now the EGR has been blanked and deleted from the ECU completely, re-installing the original map would no doubt bring up EGR errors all over the place.
Old 01-03-15, 11:58 PM   #8
Inactive User

Honestly, I drove the car today and around here got up to 3rd gear and my foot was stuck down hard on the gas pedal and the car was struggling to get to 2k revs?

The car was fine for 2 weeks, then the ABS fault with finding seized rear calipers and basically no Pads left at all on both sides and shot discs to add to things, then after that EGR... and it was on getting the EGR error that killed the power.

I have no EGR codes now but then again perhaps a Planet Peugeot diagnostic will show some? I am sure that ZenSport ECU remappers would have told me if the EGR blanking and delete was causing this no power issue, the main man there was myth'd that the power was still gone and he even said that they are and have done the same custom re-map and egr delete on tons of pugs and fords with the same engine? that's why im not wanting to scrap the custom re-map, doing that is almost £400 down the pan.

Not happy!

But thanks for all the replies people
Old 02-03-15, 01:30 AM   #9
Inactive User

Is it a 90hp model? If so you needent worry about the DPF as they were not fitted to the 90hp models until the euro 5 emissions regs came out in 2010.

The oil in the turbo inlet if from the breather, this is normal

RE: the loss of power unplug the MAF (just off the airbox with an electrical connector coming from it) then take it for a drive and see if it improves
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-15, 02:32 AM   #10
Inactive User

Thanks, Ill give that a try first thing tomoz, wish I had of known about the DPF, no one has told me that and I have just ordered one based on my reg?!?!?!

It is a 90BHP model yes (or was!), but to be honest everything and everyone has told me that it has a DPF, the one that splits with the CAT? even the Diesel injection company told me that it had one? and the Haynes book mentions the DPF?....

Well at least I have 14 days return on the DPF if it turns out I don't have one! like you say.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in