Fuel pump 1.6THP timing setting - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-12-15, 11:43 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Fuel pump 1.6THP timing setting

As in the title, how do u set fuel pump inside. My pump was producing 300bars, dissembled it now it produces 3bars, so its somehow lined up originally to inject fuel in certain sequence (not electronically) Tried different settings and still no pressure. Opened it (no pic), there are two pistons that are pushed up and down by rotary `plate` My question is, how do you line up fuel pump ?

This is a pic from the net, I drew two lines to show you what can be moved in theory to line it up.
Attached Thumbnails
13517588879_1.jpg  
damianz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-12-15, 02:16 PM   #2

tbh never took a pump apart but would imagine be fecked now it has been.

they cant even be reconditioned when they go outside the allowed working tolerance.
ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-12-15, 02:22 PM   #3

I doubt it matters what position its in if its not producing 300 bar its not been put back together properly its 1 of these things that should not be dismantled !

It is simply a pump so its now not pumping so i guess its pumped
ADS77 likes this.

Old 24-12-15, 04:39 PM   #4
Inactive User

yup you've probably broken it
adam19952013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-12-15, 07:47 PM   #5
Inactive User

Thanks for all replies
In fact I only took top of it apart and nothing really can get "pumped" ... in theory. Ive tried to put it back today in any possible way and now I can clearly say .... you do not set timing or anything as it always sets itself in exactly the same way ... BUSTED. Took some pics today. Have a look.
Before, I have installed a pump back on the car, started it up and after 3sec it stalled, completely no reaction when I put my foot on the gas (I can smell petrol). Diagbox shows 0 errors. Fuel pressure only from the primary pump, 5bars.
I will give it a next go but I am lost at the moment, not sure if it actually is a fuel pump problem. In my opinion there is no way pump will generate 0bars, it sounds unbelievable, I would understand 10bars (when it needs 50bars) but no 0 !!!

Its Christmas thinking time
Attached Thumbnails
20151224_160005.jpg   20151224_160014.jpg   20151224_161514.jpg  

Last edited by damianz; 30-12-15 at 11:19 PM.
Old 24-12-15, 11:20 PM   #6

By releasing the plunger pressure you have no doubt damaged something further in the pump these things are designed to tight tolerances and it does not take much to damage them.

This pump is simple in theory it works the same as an HDI diesel pump simply upping the pressure supplied to it further to whatever is required at the fuel rail i have seen HDI pumps supply 0 pressure so it is possible i personally would not have opened it unless i had a spare
ADS77 likes this.
Old 25-12-15, 02:19 PM   #7
Inactive User

No risk no fun. I promise u guys, I will sort it .... hopefully this year or next
I`ll measure everything inside the pump and make some judgement, someone assembled it on production line, why cant I do it ? It can be fixed .... somehow, for sure it cant get worse.

“Trust Me I’m An Engineer. Engineer, A person who solves problems that you did not know existed, using methods you do not understand”

Enjoy Christmas time

Last edited by damianz; 25-12-15 at 02:21 PM.
Old 25-12-15, 02:25 PM   #8

What i dont get is WHY you took it apart as you say it was making pressure to start with.
Old 25-12-15, 02:52 PM   #9
Inactive User

I have 2 pumps, one was working and second non-working pump (nearly new in fact) First opened new pump to spot any worrying signs, found none, so then I took my working pump opened it and before I actually opened my old pump, I have swapped solenoids first and everything went smoothly. I was planning to combine two fuel pumps into one as my old pump was ok but not perfect, first cold start in the morning and car was shaking for the first 10sec and then was OK. Current mileage 61000, so probably time to change pump anyway.

Before I buy new pump, Ill rescue this nearly new pump or at least I try.
Old 25-12-15, 09:19 PM   #10

Being an engineer is fine as long as you have all that is necessary to get the job done.

Sure, someone assembled the pump but probably in a clean room and certainly with parts that had just been machined to be within the tolerances specified and likely with a number of special tools just for one purpose. Any slight damage caused when dismantling may well have taken something beyond the allowed tolerances and if so it won't matter how good you are at rebuilding it you won't get it to work.

Considering that you mentioned it wasn't 100% in the first place, the old adage 'If it aint broke - don't fix it' doesn't fully apply but now you are left with something that doesn't work at all rather than somethng that works but not as it should. I hope you get it sorted but if I was you then I'd be expecting to fork out for a working replacement while hoping to luck out and make one good one out of two bad ones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in