Fishy 207 gt - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-15, 09:14 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Fishy 207 gt

Hi all,
This is my first 207 and also my first Peugeot. Its a great car, lots of equipment, lovely orange color, panoramic roof. I love the aluminum gear lever, and the overall look and feel of the car.

I have read and researched a lot about the car and am fairly familiar with all the issues the 1.6 litre turbo engine has.
The previous owner had replaced the chain tensioner under warranty and the car doenst rattle when cold.

Nevertheless some other things feel pretty weird, and I would like to check with you guys if my hunches are correct.

1. The clutch engagement point is extremely high which makes the car hard to drive. I had a mini cooper r56 with the prince engine and it had the clutch engagement point just as high. But, the 207 has an additional problem, its impossible to get the car moving quickly enough or the car shakes like crazy. The clutch has to be released extremely slowly and carefully in order to start without shaking. I suspect the clutch is on its way out? (slipping?)

2. The car doesnt feel as fast as it should. This car supposedly goes from 0-60 in 8.1 seconds. The Mini did so in 9.1, but it felt a lot faster. Even though its a turbo there is no reall pulling and drama until you reach 3.500 or so rpms. Even then it doesnt feel fast under full throttle. Could the clutch be the cause of this? Or the loose crankshaft pulley hub I have seen mentioned around forums (etuners)

3. I just did a 2200 mile trip to greece and back. Mostly highways and open roads. My average consumption was 7.7 l/100km (37mpg). Which is way higher than what it should be according to specs (5.6 l/100km - 50mpg). The urban consumption is also too high. Could the clutch be the culprit here as well? timing and crankshaft pulley hub?

4. Engine consumes around a liter of oil per 2200 miles. I have read that this is due to the pcv hose. I will replace this with the caps peugeot issued. Anyone done this? Problem solved? Any potential issues with doing this?

Sorry to write so much. Any help and pointers are much appreciated. I really like the car and want to keep it in the best shape possible.
Thank you
Turbo207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-09-15, 09:55 AM   #2
Inactive User

No one? Nothing?
Old 17-09-15, 10:40 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo207 View Post
............... its impossible to get the car moving quickly enough or the car shakes like crazy. The clutch has to be released extremely slowly and carefully in order to start without shaking. I suspect the clutch is on its way out? (slipping?)

2. The car doesnt feel as fast as it should. Could the clutch be the cause of this? Or the loose crankshaft pulley hub I have seen mentioned around forums (etuners)
Here's a quick test to check the clutch.

1. Make sure no-one or nothing is in front of the vehicle.
2. Start the engine and allow it to warm up a little.
3. Make sure the handbrake is securely on.
4. Hold the clutch pedal down and put the gearshift into 3rd gear.
5. Let the clutch out slowly.

Does the engine stall immediately? Yes? Clutch is working.

No? Engine doesn't stall or keeps going for a very short while after fully releasing the clutch? Clutch excessively worn.

If there is any sign of oil around the area where the engine meets the transmission bellhousing (lowest point), then the clutch could be contaminated with engine oil or transmission oil (leaking seals).
Kenzo
Kenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-09-15, 10:45 AM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks a lot kenzo.
I tried this at a parking lot the other day. The car shook and stalled. Maybe clutch is worn but not that worn.
What could be holding the car back? valve or cam solenoids or something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in