faulty drivers electric window - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By pr1vatepiles
  • 1 Post By Gibbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-02-13, 02:59 PM   #1
Inactive User

Smile faulty drivers electric window

ok drivers window switch motor etc works ok, the problem is when the window starts to come down or go up depending which way i switch it ....it stops half way itself then either goes back down or back up then stops so you could be stuck with the window stopping half way and not going back up / if i then pres the switch and encourage the window by placing palm of my hand on the glass to encorouge it to go up then it will eventually go back to the top ?, (hope that makes sense ?
been to peugeot they said it needs 2 x shims part number 8735 76
and also 1 x window channel part number 9300 Q
question is how easy are these shims to fit and were do they go as anyone got any pictures or diagrams of hoe to change them or were these shims go
thanks
sporty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-02-13, 03:06 PM   #2
pr1vatepiles

Could this just be some sort of muck in the rubbers? I had issues with getting my window back up, ran paint brush around whilst window down and it sorted it.

PP.
Gibbo and sporty like this.

Last edited by pr1vatepiles; 14-02-13 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling error
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-02-13, 11:21 AM   #3

Its a common fault. The window regulator is detecting resistance and treating it as an obstruction (i.e. a child's head) and sending the window back down.

Could be a worn motor but on all the cars I've sorted its just been a case of cleaning the window channel and spraying the felt material with silicone spray (Back To Black).

I also spray the switches with compressed air to clear out any gunk and then a tiny squirt of electrical contact cleaner.
sporty likes this.

Old 14-02-13, 11:25 AM   #4
Inactive User

thanks for both of the above tips, will definatly try that at the weekend
Old 14-02-13, 01:16 PM   #5
pr1vatepiles

Let us know how it goes, interested to know the outcome.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-02-13, 02:06 PM   #6
Inactive User

If the above does not work, it could also be a faulty drivers switch or similar.

I had the issue and cleaned everything as described in the posts above, to no avail. I eventually took the drivers switch apart in dispair and found gunk stuck in the contacts. I cleaned it up and then it worked fine.

I realised this was the case when the passenger side control worked fine. Worth checking but if both do the same then one would hope the above cleaning works or you may need a motor.
matt002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-02-13, 10:16 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1vatepiles View Post
Let us know how it goes, interested to know the outcome.
cleaned the rubbers/channel sprayed with spray ..still no joy works for about 2-3 goes ,then starts playing games again you can actually see the window tilt forward as it moves up/down then stops... peugeot recon i need 2x shims and new rubber to solve this i dont trust them after last experience taking a job into them , i can do most simple jobs myself the shims cost 6 but when i ask them were they go they just say indide the rubber/channel i dont mind getting them for that price but wish they would explain were they go in simple terms or just show me , apparently these shims stop the window from tilting forward , hence will make the window go up/down correctly without stopping half way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in