Faults not showing / ECU not notifying - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-04-18, 09:39 AM   #1

Default Faults not showing / ECU not notifying

When I bought my car, it was showing faults. It's been in for repair to the garage it was bought from, but I found bodged repair work (things stuck back together with sillicone lol).

However, now when there's a fault (like one I create myself by removing bulbs or taking off the fuel cap and starting driving), the car has stopped beeping and giving notifications when faults occur.

If I use the radio controls to show messages manually however, the faults are in there - just no notification of them happening unless I look manually.

I was under the impression it's not possible to stop fault notifications from coming up, am I incorrect?
Luke0086 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-04-18, 02:55 PM   #2

Not all cars tell you of failed bulbs or fuel cap open.

Its not the ecu that tells you of faults on the centre display its the BSI.
Old 22-04-18, 05:16 PM   #3

When I said it's "stopped" giving notifications, I meant that it used to but no longer is - sorry that perhaps that wasn't clear. When I test drove the car, a warning came up about the fuel cap because a magnet had fallen out. Evidently, they've tried to repair this with sillicone which is now melting into the filler and also gooped all over the fuel cap itself. The only reason I knew about the fault, is because it beeped at me with a warning on my test drive.

I had a 56 plate 207 GT (which displays all warnings normally), and I replaced it with a 57 plate 207 GT - unreasonable to assume it should also give warnings like the older 207? what's the point in having tyre pressure sensors if warnings are not given when the pressure is low? Seems silly to me.

I have to use the radio controls to manually select 'display warning messages' where the errors are displayed, I'll have to double check but I don't think even the check engine / exclamation point warning on the dashboard is showing either.

Sorry for using the incorrect terminology (ECU instead of BSI), but I feel that my question is fairly clear, enough for an answer as to whether it's possible to stop warning messages from coming up or not :-)

Basically, has the garage used software to help cover up other problems with the car? They fixed the engine mount with sillicone too, as well as the throttle body (causing a boost leak).

Cheers for any helpful comments.

Last edited by Luke0086; 22-04-18 at 05:18 PM. Reason: clarity

Old 22-04-18, 07:33 PM   #4

Maybe the beeper is not working/faulty? Do the beep test to check if it is working. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...p-test-290202/
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-18, 07:14 PM   #5

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

I did the test, the beeper is working with the key. It's not just the sound that's gone though, it's the behaviour - No on-screen warning either, unless manually selecting 'warning log'.

I should maybe make a video showing the difference, I still have my old 207 which still works correctly, and this newer 207 used to, as well.
Old 21-10-18, 07:32 PM   #6

Hey guys. I took a video of the difference between the 2 cars.

Again, same model, just one year apart!

1st part of the video shows old car - unplug the light cluster and it beeps, with a warning for each bulb saying it's faulty, and if memory serves me right then the yellow exclamation mark comes up on the speedometer cluster.

2nd part of the video shows new car - unplug the light cluster and nothing happens. If you go through the options on the radio buttons then you can see the car has detected faulty bulbs, but there is no warning. The only way of finding out is if you open the menu in the radio manually. No exclamation mark on the speedometer cluster either.

Thanks in advance for any insight
Old 22-10-18, 09:02 AM   #7

Try a BSI reboot. It may help and it's free.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in