Evans Halshaw peugeot - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-13, 06:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Evans Halshaw peugeot

Hello everyone

I want to tell you my experience with Halshaw i try not to bore you.

My story
Me and my wife wanted to buy a modern car so we look at a few cars but in the end we choice a Peugeot 207 or 307 this was going to be our first car, and would like to be a colour blue with 5dr for family we didn't want to buy from a small garage or private deal just in case we had problems latter with the car first we went to Perry's but found their car was out of our budget range of 3,500. Perry's cars started at 4,500 - 5,000 but very nice peugeot cars also a good deal nice people also.

Then we went to Evans Halshaw the biggest car deal we was first greeted by sale person (Morgon) He first ask us a few questions on what car we was looking for and the year we wanted we both said from 2006 -2007 he told us we might have wait a few days he will give us a phone call when he have found one and within our price range, But we waited more then one week and two days but got no phone call at all, so we phone them and Morgon told us we are busy with other buyers but he said he was still looking for us! So we went online myself and look for the car i found a nice blue one but everytime i found one and talk to Morgon on the phone he told me that car was sold so this time i went download to Halshaw car showrooms and ask for another saleman but we got 'Morgon' again.

He told us we have found you a peugeot 207 1.4 S 8v 75BHP year 2007 as we talk some more to him then he showed us the car on their website it was not blue the colour we ask for but it was 'Black' he told us it was in very good condition for it age 2007 and if we wanted a blue car we might have to wait a bit longer maybe a few months so we agree buy this car at 3,400 he said we have to pay for the car to be bought down from their depot that cost 250.00 he said it saw over 186 miles away he also ask us to pay a 300.00 pounds deposit on the car. Also it will only take a few days' to pick it up and pay the rest of the money but he will give us a phone call soon.

We was also told the car would be check out and service,MOT and taxed for free, the saleman also said not to worry (Another lie)

This is where it all when wrong for us and our first car in 2013.

We waited over one week and got no phone call (Another lie) so we kept phoning them in the end but still got the same answer we are busy sorry Morgon will phone you I didn't wait i went down to Halshaw all i could find was one manger but he also was busy! I was not giving up i waited for 40 mins later Morgon came out to me and said sorry we are really busy with other buyers today so i ask for the manger OK he reply look come with me the car is at the back been cleaned it just came in today so he haven't had time to check the car over.

Come tomorrow he replied this time we came to see the car for the first time I stopped and ask Morgon about the fornt of the car with bad road chippings and some colour fade of the car also the left fornt headlight been dull he repied nothing wrong really look again i said then i ask to speak to a manger he also asked what is wrong I said if you can't see it them you need glasses oh the colour yes i said that's Right oh that's down to the age of the car he said what about the fornt light is that down to age as well i said? He replied maybe the first owner change the light i said it didn't look like that on your website when you first shown it to us, I ask them to show it to me again on their website of the car but Morgon told me the car was delete because i bought it sorry, I told them But I have a copy on my tablet pc the manger ask me what do you want to do then! (That part change everything)

I want a full refund on the car and the deposit back i said they both looked at each other and Morgon replied sorry no refund at all i said so i must lose 550.00 pounds for this car he said it's a nice car for the money and age he said it cost us money to bring it down who will pay for that! i got so angry over this at the time they ask me to leave their car showroom and come back later.

The manger said to my wife he would only agree to re spay the bonnet and the side fornt wings because of the bad road chippings on it but he said he will not replace the fornt headlight because it pass the MOT. My wife agree with this and they kept the car for another week to do the job, when we went to pick it up it looked nice better then before but my wife question morgon over the money for the car she said you are charging us for the car check over and service also the MOT and tax but you told us that would be Free! Did you not the manger came out again and talk to my wife and he replied by saying this (You must have made a mistake in what our saleman Morgon told you in the beginning) It was for my wife to lose her cool this time they only took off the tax of the car and that's it.

Latter we would find out that the car we got was not the 1.4 8V 75bhp it was 1.4 16V 90Bhp we question this at Halshaw again how can they get this part wrong? all we got from the manger was Sorry!.

You may ask why did we go to Citizens advice center then take it to court and spend more money! that's if we win with Evans Halshaw?

Please never go to Evans Halshaws car dealer.

Thank you for reading our story have a nice day.

Here is the first picture they show us on their website

And this is the fornt headlight argument it don't look nice been dull

Last edited by Michaelk207; 28-03-13 at 07:39 PM.
Michaelk207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-03-13, 07:17 PM   #2

Worst. Dealership. Ever.

I went to buy a car from their Wigan branch. Had arranged a cheap loan with Tesco. But they promised to beat it.

They did, if I didn't take into account the 300 fee for arranging credit and the final balance fee of 149.

They wouldn't even let me take the papers off site to read, it was all high pressure "sign now" with offers of a free tank of fuel or free car mats if I signed.

There's a thread on Sheffield Forum about similar problems at their Sheffield branch.
Old 28-03-13, 07:38 PM   #3
chopper1192

You handed over a deposit on a car you hadn't even seen in the flesh? Would you pay a deposit on a house you'd only seen a picture of?

Sure, EH are chumps but you walked into this one both eyes open. If they hadn't tried to f*** you over then the next dealer would have done. You're what the trade affectionately calls a "bunny".

Last edited by chopper1192; 28-03-13 at 07:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-03-13, 07:49 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
You handed over a deposit on a car you hadn't even seen in the flesh?
Yes we know our mistake now but in future I will learn, But the car salesman was a good talker and this wasn't a small car dealer Halshaw is a big company I though I would be safe I was wrong.
Old 28-03-13, 07:54 PM   #5
chopper1192

British Gas are a big company too...

For new or used cars there's only two sales men I entirely trust, and one of those is a friend.

Don't hand a penny over as a deposit unless the conditions state that the deposit is conditional on the car passing an inspection by the AA. Sends the message that you're serious with the money, and won't be fobbed off with an old knacker either.

Better luck with the next one.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-13, 09:28 PM   #6
Inactive User

well I don't agree,i bought my 308 from wales branch and I got new mot,tax full service,mats and a good experience,also I had gear trouble 3 months later and they paid for it to be repaired at my local Peugeot dealer and some other little bits Peugeot found so was pleased with their service.
shamus1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-13, 11:16 PM   #7

Need to think - nice showroom, salesmen in flash suits - probably on commission - you end up paying for it. Another way to look at it - as a % of their customer base you are diddly squat - so get treated accordingly.

Lot to be said for small garages where you deal directly with the owner/mechanic.

Last edited by clanless; 28-03-13 at 11:18 PM.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-03-13, 02:17 AM   #8

Before I bought the written off 56 407 I have in the bodyshop at the moment, I went to look at a bronze 54 plate at Evans Halshaw Vauxhall in Gateshead. Salesman landed on me within seconds, immediately told me that while it says 2900 on the screen, it'd actually be 3200 with fees etc. Also pointed out that as it was a "runabout" it was non-negotiable and they wouldnt consider any repairs - as soon as I started pointing out the (badly repaired) crash damage - the bumper spoiler and n/s foglamp were stuck in place with windscreen bond and the colour match on the bumper was pants - the guy lost interest and literally walked away from me in the middle of a sentence.... Quality customer service for sure...

Even IF the damage hadn't put me off completely, that kind of customer service would have done the job without a doubt....

It comes as no surprise to me that they still have the car for sale.... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...s/20?logcode=p

Last edited by BigSlavey; 29-03-13 at 02:21 AM.
BigSlavey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-03-13, 11:15 AM   #9

Ah yes, the 99 paperwork cost. The Preston branch does that for their runabout section of the dealership.
Old 29-03-13, 02:41 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlavey View Post
Before I bought the written off 56 407 I have in the bodyshop at the moment, I went to look at a bronze 54 plate at Evans Halshaw Vauxhall in Gateshead. Salesman landed on me within seconds, immediately told me that while it says 2900 on the screen, it'd actually be 3200 with fees etc. Also pointed out that as it was a "runabout" it was non-negotiable and they wouldnt consider any repairs - as soon as I started pointing out the (badly repaired) crash damage - the bumper spoiler and n/s foglamp were stuck in place with windscreen bond and the colour match on the bumper was pants - the guy lost interest and literally walked away from me in the middle of a sentence.... Quality customer service for sure...

Even IF the damage hadn't put me off completely, that kind of customer service would have done the job without a doubt....

It comes as no surprise to me that they still have the car for sale.... Used Peugeot 407 for sale on Auto Trader
Talking about "runabout" i got a 30 day guaranteed Runabout from Halshaw I ask Morgon is our car a runabout he replied No, that confused me why i didn't get a Halshaw 30 day guaranteed? if there is one!

The runabout guaranteed Don't cover any body parts or wheels it only for the engine ONLY

A lie after another lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
British Gas are a big company too...

For new or used cars there's only two sales men I entirely trust, and one of those is a friend.

Don't hand a penny over as a deposit unless the conditions state that the deposit is conditional on the car passing an inspection by the AA. Sends the message that you're serious with the money, and won't be fobbed off with an old knacker either.

Better luck with the next one.
Thanks for your suggestions I will use the RAC or AA to check over any car in the future before we buy one, my trust is now gone with any car dealers of today, At one time we was consider to take Halshaw to court but when we found out a lawyer charge 100.00 pound an hour also what the court might charge as well and how long it would take as well we left it, but in the end we paid for an online "Car check UK" Everything was in order and no bad things came back to us, we also paid the RAC to check the car over and then we joined them for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus1 View Post
well I don't agree,i bought my 308 from wales branch and I got new mot,tax full service,mats and a good experience,also I had gear trouble 3 months later and they paid for it to be repaired at my local Peugeot dealer and some other little bits Peugeot found so was pleased with their service.
I also don't agree the Evans Halshaw in my city is not a Peugeot dealer. the only peugeot dealer is Perry's

Last edited by Michaelk207; 29-03-13 at 03:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in