Erratic Air Conditioning.....the sequel. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-15, 05:40 PM   #1

Default Erratic Air Conditioning.....the sequel.

This is just for information really in case it can be of assistance to anybody else in the future who experiences a similar problem. My two previous posts told the story of an aircon system that stopped working, the fitting of a new condenser by National Aircon after which it worked for 2 days before giving up the ghost entirely after being erratic for a while. It turns out it was the Thermostat temperature sensor and once this was changed the aircon started working fine.

However, the garage that changed it for me reckon that that the National Aircon fitter has damaged the pipework to the condenser which, according to them will cost 825 to fix. Gas is pissing out of both connections to the condenser ( I have photographs of the dye splashed all over the place that they advised me to take) dropping from 10.2 Bar (!) to 6.2 Bar in 7 days. The National Aircon bloke reckons this is bollocks and is coming on Saturday to 'fix it'. We shall see. In the meantime I keep trying the aircon for a few seconds and it keeps working (don't want to leave it on too long as it's losing so much gas) Anyway, if anybody experiences a problem with their aircon that a regas will not solve and there are no fault codes on the system itself, have a look for Fault P0059 on the ECU (Thermostat Sensor) because it may be that.

Then today ( the new Thermostat body was fitted on Friday) I'm driving to my daughter's and I get a series of messages. Engine Temp. too high, Depollution Faulty, STOP, Engine Management light comes on, Coolant needle goes to the top of the gauge and sits there with a red light on and the fan runs at high speed permanently. I crap myself. But it turns out that the lad who had fitted the thermo-body had bent a pin in the connector and he fixed it in five minutes.....except that ever since I have that flashing 'Oil---' fault warning which I'm trying desperately to ignore! I have no idea whether or not this is connected.

On Saturday morning I'll know if the aircon man has fixed the leak or if he has indeed damaged the pipework. If the latter he will be getting a bill for 825 which no doubt he will refuse to pay so this could get interesting.

The good news is....if you have a problem with your aircon don't assume it's a problem with the aircon..... it could be a problem elsewhere.

Anybody know anything about the OIL--- (flashing) thing?
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-07-15, 12:23 PM   #2

Hope you get it finally sorted mate.
As for the flashing oil light,check to make sure the level is definitely o.k.
Then it usually clears after 1/2 dozen restarts on it's own?
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-07-15, 04:11 PM   #3

You're right about the oil message (or lack of message!) It cleared itself the following morning!

Cheers.
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in