Engine Management System Faulty -- No A/C - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-12-12, 07:52 AM   #1

Red face Engine Management System Faulty -- No A/C

Car is a 2007 207 THP 150.

Second time this has happened. First time it happened was a couple of months ago, driving the car normally down the road, suddenly it beeps and says "Engine Management System Faulty" on the center console display. I then noticed that the A/C cooling function wouldn't work anymore.

The display in the dash would show the exclamation mark. Everything else in the car works perfectly EXCEPT cooling. Heating works. When I turn on the A/C I don't hear the compressor engage (the CLICK sound).

Then the following day I was running on fuel so I it beeped and I got another warning -- fuel low. The excalmation mark in the dash miraculously dissappeared, and the vehcile error log in the trip computer didn't show the engine management system fault anymore either. The A/C now works. Strange!

I wrote it off as 'gremlins' and went about my life. About 2 months later I get it again! So I break out my PP2000 and scan it. It says "Status of the Fan Assembly Coherence"; Fault code P0494.

I cleared the fault code, turned off the ignition as advised by PP2000 and back on, and now the A/C works! I can hear the compressor clicking on when I switch on the A/C.

Any idea on what this could be? A/C clutch? Compressor?

Last edited by bung206; 30-12-12 at 07:56 AM.
bung206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-13, 06:38 AM   #2

Ok the a/c is still dead and the engine management fault is persistent. Reading error codes shows the same "Status of fan assembly coherence" error.

I've checked the fuses under the hood near the battery and also the ones in the glove box compartment near the diagnostics socket and I don't see anything amiss.

Can someone pls give some suggestions on where I can go from here to begin diagnosing? Perhaps tell me what a "fan assembly" is!
Old 06-01-13, 09:12 AM   #3

Hi,

I now believe that the issue is with the radiator fan. I was thrown a bit by the fact that the A/C didn't work, I thought the issue may be with the blower!

Using the PP2000 actuator test function I was able to run the radiator fan in both slow and fast modes, and also the intercooler fan so all fans are definitely working.

I will take a look at the radiator fan assembly/wiring tomorrow at daylight!

Old 06-01-13, 11:50 PM   #4

I have inspected the control unit at the fan and can't find anything obvious wrong with it or its connectors. Gave it a good blast with connector cleaner and wiped it down and put it back in and it didn't seem to help at all.

I believe Fan Control unit part 1267 J6 (shown in diagram below) is the culprit.

This part is worth quite a lot of money unfortunately. Would replacing it be the first thing to check? Anything else to look at first?

Last edited by bung206; 06-01-13 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-01-13, 03:05 AM   #5

Talking

Ok I've fixed it -- I've taken out the sensor/part (part 1267 J6) again, and cleaned it with contact clean and gave it a really good wipedown, put it back in and started the car to find that the fault cleared itself. Drove the car over 400 km after that with the A/C running and there was no issue.
Old 11-01-13, 07:56 AM   #6

Seems the fan assembly is suspect on quite a few models

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-13, 03:55 AM   #7

Unfortunately the fault is back now, and I've lost A/C cooling just like before. It happened on a clear, sunny day (and it hasn't rained here in about a week) so I think we can rule out moisture.

Here is the odd thing --- The second the fault triggered, I started watching the gauges very closely. Specifically, the coolant temperature gauge. I noticed that it was fluctuating between 70 C and 90 C. At one point, I saw it drop to 70 and go back up to 90 all in the space of about 30-45 seconds. Surely this is impossible?

I _WAS_ going to replace that sensor 1267 J6, but in light of this new data (coolant temp fluctuating so much) I'm starting to think, is there a chance something else (I'm looking at you, coolant sensor) is faulty?

What do you think?
Old 23-01-13, 04:46 AM   #8

Talking

It turned out to be a fautly fan relay. I took it out of the car again and smelt it, defintely smelt cooked. Obtained the wiring diagrams and broke out my multimeter and after some tests confirmed suspicions.

Then I took a great big hammer and smashed the other one to pieces. Yup, definitely looks like the magic smoke has escaped:

Note, After swapping the part out I still received the engine management system faulty error and no A/C, the error only went away once I held the engine at 3000 RPM for a while and coolant temp hit 97+ c when the fan finally kicked in. Once the fan kicked in the triangle in the display dissappeared and the A/C began to work.
Gibbo and insdeck like this.
Old 09-10-13, 10:34 PM   #9
dil
Inactive User

Default I am having the same ploblem

just wonder if you managed to get you faulty fixed?
if so can you please give some advice?

thanks
dil
dil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-13, 10:36 PM   #10

Yes, I fixed it, I had to replace the fan control unit / resistor pack (part # 1267 J6) -- all this information is in the post directly above yours..

What fault code are you getting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in