Engine cutout while driving, with antipollution fault. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-13, 03:34 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Engine cutout while driving, with antipollution fault - updated with video/audio.

Hiya,

I bought an 02 plate 307 HDI 2.0 (I think 90BHP) a couple of months ago at auction and have had no end of trouble with it, a few of which were solved by replacing the starter motor... I've still had a lot of warning lights, like the ABS/ESP warning light if it struggles to start on cold mornings, and the ever present passenger airbag fault, as well as the occasional oil level warning light, despite the oil level being fine.

Anyway, long story short; the engine, while previously quite noisy anyway, has been clattering like a swine since yesterday, but with no appreciable loss of power. Today, driving home, the engine warning light came on, the "antipollution fault" error came up on the centre console, and the car stalled and refused to start again.

After a couple of minutes of just sitting at the side of the road like a lemon, it started again. Drove half a mile, and it stalled again - same error.

I managed to nurse it the 5 miles home, keeping it under 2k RPM, but obviously I need to have this thing fixed and I'm not really happy driving it if it's just going to stall randomly.

Also of note, and I'm not sure whether it was doing it before or I'm just overly paranoid now, but there's a barely audible thudding sound under the usual engine noise, that I can just about feel through the gearstick and steering wheel. Like I said, I may have been imagining it, but y'know...

Anyway, any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

Edit: Updated with the following:

Hi again

Still haven't had the car looked at by a mechanic, or attempted to do any work to the injectors myself, but I thought I'd post a video of the engine with the car running, and also an audio clip of my driving it from cold this morning, so some of you who know what you're listening to can maybe shed some light on it...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14654035/VIDEO0008.mp4 is the video, and

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14654035/Voice0001.aac is the audio.

I really don't know what you'll be able to discern from this, as the quality is less than stellar, but any insight will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

Last edited by Trousered; 06-04-13 at 12:16 AM.
Trousered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-03-13, 04:46 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hello Dave

I have found this link hope it helps you
Peugeot 307 ABS fault - Page 2

Also this one
http://www.roadtestreports.co.uk/que...s/peugeot/307/

Last edited by Michaelk207; 30-03-13 at 05:09 PM.
Michaelk207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-03-13, 05:19 PM   #3
Inactive User

im going through a similar saga with a dealer and a dodgey GTi except his "fix" actually made the car completely unroadworthy and has been off the road since,have sent probably similair letters to what you're referring to so would be interesting to see how far yours is willing to fight
Blufreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-03-13, 09:00 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks for the suggestion, but really, the ABS is the least of my problems. That doesn't appear to affect the car at all, and seems to just be a symptom of poor battery voltage/capacity. When the car is warm, it'll start fine with no ABS warning.

My problem right now is the generic antipollution fault message, which is apparently linked with my engine shutting off while I'm driving, rendering my car essentially useless.
Old 30-03-13, 11:36 PM   #5

Start with the simple things I would do a service on it changing oil, air and fuel filter and oil and then see if anything changes as change of filters etc can clear some faults. If faults are still there get someone to read codes with planet and go from there
Old 30-03-13, 11:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Start with the simple things I would do a service on it changing oil, air and fuel filter and oil and then see if anything changes as change of filters etc can clear some faults. If faults are still there get someone to read codes with planet and go from there
I would avoid doing. The "poke and hope" will just ligten your wallet with no real fix.

Get someone with a Peugeot planet to scan it, it should tell you exactly what is wrong with it.
bung206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-03-13, 11:49 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
I would avoid doing. The "poke and hope" will just ligten your wallet with no real fix.

Get someone with a Peugeot planet to scan it, it should tell you exactly what is wrong with it.
And herein lies the problem - nobody I know has one, and to put it on one in the Peugeot garage here will cost an arm and a leg.

Doesn't seem to be any alternative Peugeot mechanics here.
Old 31-03-13, 11:42 AM   #8

Whereabouts are you? Have you looked at the Planet map?

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

As for auctions, that's where garages dump trade in cars that need at least 200 of work doing on them. You might get a minter, but its unlikely.
Old 31-03-13, 01:25 PM   #9
Inactive User

I had no idea that you guys kept a map of planet owners. That'll teach me to look around the forums before posting... I've PMd trimmer and jmkent so hopefully one of them will get back to me soon.

And yeah, you're right. I'm starting to see why cars at auction are so relatively cheap. This thing has been nothing but trouble since I got it. Alarm bells went off as soon as I got the logbook back and saw that it'd been badly damaged before. Had I the opportunity to see the log book before I bought it, well, I never would have.
Old 31-03-13, 02:36 PM   #10
Inactive User

Set up your location in the user CP, then people may say 'i've got planet and i'm x miles away', but be prepared to part with beer tokens
vanepico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in