EML & no revs above 3000 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-18, 05:15 PM   #1

Default EML & no revs above 3000

So I was on the way to MOT today in my 2007 1.6 HDI 207. Just around the corner from the test centre the "antipollution" warning fashes and the car drops revs and I couldn't rev above 3000 anymore.

Car sailed through MOT as it was just serviced, but driving away I still have the problem. Car drives fine but won't go above 3000 revs and EML is solid on.

I plugged in OBD2 and got error codes - P0409, P0489, P0401, P0490 - All EGR faults.

So does four questions:

1. This mean I need to get the sensor or the valve replaced?
2. Could I just blank it off?
3. Any ideas on cost?
4. Is teh car safe to drive before I get it reaired?

I woudl be so grateful if anyone can help?

Thanks, Paul

Last edited by Pauld123; 10-03-18 at 05:49 PM.
Pauld123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-18, 06:15 PM   #2

Remove the valve and check it. It could simply be clogged up with gunge. If it is, just clean it with a degreasing fluid but make sure it is opening/closing easily before replacing it. Also check the piping it is connected to as it will also likely be gunged up and will need cleaning.
It could also have failed. Can't help here with costs though.
Blanking it will not solve your problem as it needs to function first. Once you get it functioning, you can blank it off. I have blanked off all my egr systems because all they eventually do is create a wholesome sticky blocking mess in the intake manifold which leads to poor running and lots of nasty emissions, the very thing it is supposedly 'designed' to lower...
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in