Electric power steering rack failure. Year 2011 model - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-17, 07:02 PM   #1

Default Electric power steering rack failure. Year 2011 model

Hi,

I've got an electric power steering failure on my year 2011 207 1.6HDi Sportium. I can recall a while ago reading that Peugeot were replacing failed power steering motors free on year 2011 models as and when they failed. Does anyone know whether this is still the case (within the last 6 months) or are owners now paying for the repairs themselves ? Also does anyone know how much it costs so I can brace myself before I book it in for repair ?

I don't rate my chances highly if I need to contact Peugeot Customer Relations again to ask for "good will" as they've already paid out almost 1,000 for a new Clarion NX501 Multi-media system for the car and also 2,700 when water leaked through the wiring loom from the washer pump.
mattalsop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-05-17, 06:04 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi

Just wondering how you have got on with your post ? I brokedown yesterday due to the power steering failing on my 2011 207 sportium too .... The dash lit up with power steering faulty and i have lost all use ...i have spoken with peugeot customer care and have it booked in for diagnostic test on friday which i have to pay 96.00!
Rowls1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-17, 06:23 PM   #3

Hi, I've had it fixed now at the Peugeot dealer in Torquay. They first had it for diagnostic and spent about 40 minutes on it. They said it was an intermittent failure of the "power steering module" which consists of an electric motor and an attached electronics box which they described as a steering ECU. It's all one unit / part number and it had to be ordered which took about 5 days. The total cost of the repair was 483 including VAT. They didn't give me a bill for the diagnostic but it would have been included in the single bill they gave me once it was fixed a week later. I've had a quick look and I've been charged 2.4 hours at 70 per hour plus VAT...........plus the cost of the part.

Old 30-05-17, 06:55 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hi mattalsop
Thanks for the reply . Did you not try to recoup the charge through peugeot as i have seen alot of posts where peugeot have refunded the cost . We had the RAC carryout a diagnostic when he came to recover the car and it had fault P0606 ...is this the same code ? Apparently it also showed no "electric power/charge" going to the steering ??
Rowls1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-17, 07:50 PM   #5

Hi, I got a 10% discount on the part which the dealer negotiated on my behalf but I didn't contact Peugeot myself. Given the car is six years old and I've made expensive claims already for other problems (as mentioned in my very first post) I didn't rate my chances. If you have a full service history from the dealer maybe Peugeot will help with the costs. The price I mentioned earlier was with the discount already applied to the part cost.

I don't know the fault code as I didn't ask. I only have the part number of the replacement module they fitted. It's possible you may have a different problem with the steering. Mine was intermittent where it either would or wouldn't work on engine start up. Once the car was started without the fault it could be driven the whole journey with the steering working. I didn't ever have the steering cut out whilst actually driving.

Last edited by mattalsop; 30-05-17 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-08-17, 05:28 PM   #6

Hi Matt

We've got an expensive problem with our Peugeot 207- water pump leak into the fuse box.
How did you manage to get Peugeot to repair it please?

Thanks for a quick reply.

Gerry
gerryoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-17, 06:48 PM   #7

I've sent you a private message which also contains my email address.
Old 03-12-17, 09:07 PM   #8

Default Mr Allan Mason

Peugeot 207 2011 1.4s POWER STEERING FAILURE: I just had mine done free apart from the diagnostic which cost 86:

You have to say That part has a " lifetime or extended warranty " ! Not a recall or anything else. Unless you ' make the point ' they will not offer ! I got onto Peugeot France ! and head office Peugeot UK. Took a while but now anyone can go into a main agent and that is the deal!

The offending part is an "Electro Drive motor"
Orca48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-17, 10:21 PM   #9

Default power steering motor update

I have a Peugeot 207 1.4 2011 plate which i got second hand. On Friday the power steering failed. A small steering wheel warning light came on on the dash board and a power steering fault warning was displayed. Contacted Peugeot customer care who advised me to contact local dealer for a diagnostic check. took the car in on Tuesday morning at 10 am. Dealer phoned me 4 PM in the afternoon with the bad news that it was the power steering motor that had failed, they then informed me that they had spoken to Peugeot who had agreed to replace the part free of charge and cover the cost of labour as well. Car was ready for collection same day.

it seems that Peugeot know that this is still an issue and are taking steps to correct it as and when he motor fails
mechcanico likes this.
Sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-18, 07:45 PM   #10

Default Thanks Orca 48

Thanks to Orca's post for encouraging me to push for a manufacturer's rectification. My wife's 2011 207 Sportium suddenly lost it's power steering with no warning a few days ago. Hats off too, to Bristol Street Motors, Northampton who contacted Peugeot head office for me and obtained permission to carry out the repair. I am told I will not even to have to pay for the diagnostic check. My car also gets a free 'health check' and a wash!
Sywellguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in