EGR Valve replacement on 207SW 1.6HDi 90BHP 57reg - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-12, 10:22 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default EGR Valve replacement on 207SW 1.6HDi 90BHP 57reg

We got our 207SW last November and since have been getting occasional Anti-Pollution Error mesage for a few days and then clearing. I do approx 20mile each way to work taking about 30minutes so it should be getting a good run. Last week the car was a bit juddery and having problems pulling away, the engine management light and Anti Pollution message were on at the time so I booked it in at our local garage. I came out of the garage and started and the messages had cleared but it was still really sluggish and even with foot hard on accelerator would not increase speed pulling away. The day after the car seemed fine again and has been running fine all week, so maybe blockage has dislodged temporarily.
The car was in the garage yesterday and they found the fault codes related to the EGR valve. He cleared the codes and said if it comes back we can look at changing the EGR valve. He recommended changing rather than cleaning due to difficulty accessing and time to complete the job.
Does anyone know how much a replacement (new) EGR valve would be and how long it should take to replace.
Is there anything else that would require changing at the same time?
Also not sure if the car has a timing belt or chain and what the recommended replacement times are - it has done about 65000 and hasn't been changed yet - any advice?
RainbowRoad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-12, 11:20 AM   #2

I had to replace the EGR valve on our 207 1.6 HDi after 18000 miles. It casued our car to cut out then not start again. I got the new one from GSF which was a genuine valeo for just over 200. After removing the old one i took it apart to find that it had damp inside and a resistor has broken away from the circuit board. I bought a new resistor (about 20p) and soldered it back on. The repaired egr valve worked fine again.

I took me about an hour to replace the EGR valve and clear the fault codes with diagbox.

I think autodata state that cambelt replacement should be 150000 miles or 10 years.

Last edited by pugjim; 13-12-12 at 09:17 AM.
pugjim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-12-12, 09:13 AM   #3

I'd consider getting a blanking plate on the EGR valve rather than replacing.

Old 18-02-13, 09:10 PM   #4
Inactive User

I also got damp and a broken resistor inside my EGR valve (207 1.6 HDi) and it would be nice to see if it's possible to repair it, unfortunally there is no way to see the resistance of the resistor so I would be very happy if anyone can tell what resistor I should used.

Thanks
bjobba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-02-14, 04:39 PM   #5
Inactive User

Angry

Same problem here with my 2010 P207 Diesel. Same warning lights, car cut out would not start again and have been quoted 560 to have a new one fitted!!!!!
flame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in