ECU partial wake up issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-15, 11:20 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default ECU partial wake up issue

Hi all,
I have a 207, 1.4 HDI, released in 2006.
Problem definition: In the last few years (once in a month), my car had been waking up partially after the ignition, that is to say, throttle, steering wheel, fan and some of the other electrically controlled parts are activated in 10-15 seconds after ignition, or just after second/third ignition. While having this problem, there are no warning signal on display unit.
I was used to live with that until last week. The problem went serious in the last month and appeared almost every day. But last week, the wake up time began to take so long (about 5-10 minutes) and i tried to switch on and off the ignition several times in order to wake it up fully by chance!
Since i had been using the original battery (VARTA) for about 10 years, i thought that the problem might be caused by low voltage level or so. Because, sometime after the ignition, it fully wakes up and everthing goes normal. (during the check-up last month, tech guys told me that the battery can be still used up to the next maintenance).
Blaming the battery off this issue, i went to the garage and changed the battery with a new one. After changing the battery, my car was connected to PC for error code reading & removal. Under the Engine Control Tab, it said there is something faulty with the ECU partial wake up process. The guys then cleared the errors from the engine. Meanwhile, the problem didn't repeat after soft maintenance in the garage. However, after leaving the garage, it occured again in a few hours.
In brief, this sneaking intermittent fault is going more serious day by day which could not be treated by error code removal or battery change.
Did anyone face with this issue or any idea to solve it?
Thank you for your concern.
207_owner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-15, 04:55 PM   #2

I hope is not your case but there are a common problem for 207's when coolant filters to BSI through wiring loom and a wide sort of problems appears... Just to be sure check it out for signs of liquid entrance.

To know more do a search in the forum, this problem has been treated several times before.

Hope it helps, cheers
erick-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-15, 07:16 PM   #3

as above, also unplug your ecu plugs check both sides are clean and dry (let car stand 10mins after ignition off, take a battery lead off first)
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-15, 07:48 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hi Eric-r,

Depending on your experiences and the relevant past threads in this forum, could you share a few links of the problem & solution?

Hi Stripe88,
I will try to check it after learning how i can reach and unplug it first.

Thank you guys, for your help. Please keep in touch.
P.S: Problem still occurs randomly. I will be sharing observation & trial results soon.
Old 11-08-15, 10:33 AM   #5

probably worth buying a can of electrical contact cleaner, give any suspect plug a spray.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-15, 05:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 207_owner View Post
Hi Eric-r,

Depending on your experiences and the relevant past threads in this forum, could you share a few links of the problem & solution?
Hello,

Here are two threads that may be can help.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...oom-ecu-66537/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ng-loom-23762/

But please, don't panic reading these cases before being sure of your particular problem. If no corrosion or leak signals are found, the best thing you can do is to get a diagnostic using PP2000 scanning tool, see next link to contact someone with this tool near from you:

How to: Contact a member for Peugeot Planet Diagnostic

hope it helps, cheers
Old 11-08-15, 09:19 PM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks for sharing helpful links.
After checking those links, i began to think about this: the intermittent fault going worse day by day in my case might be caused by a corrosion or etc... (p.s: i have been living on an area [in the last 1,5 months, during when the problem began to arise everyday and got worser in the last week!] where the humidity is extremely high)
Anyways, i will try to have all this possibilities checked by a tech. soon and tell you about the root cause (i hope!).
One more thing to add: i don't know if it is related to this problem but 2 weeks ago there was an error "Side Lamp Faulty" on the display and it stayed for a week, then disappeared itself. I didn't do anything to bulbs or etc... for that problem. This might be a hint also...
A new observation: the frequency of the problem increases if the engine is hot before the ignition.

Last edited by 207_owner; 13-08-15 at 05:43 AM.
Old 17-08-15, 01:08 PM   #8
Inactive User

Hi again,
I have been trying to survive with the problem for a week after my last post and making more observations before going to the service. During this period, i noticed one more thing about the problem:
Whenever the problem repeats, I try to reinitialize the key and it works! By "reinitialisaton" of the key, i meant the procedure given in User Handbook for 207, page 66 (INFOTEC - Service Box Peugeot).
This is interesting! After observing it, i tried to think that the root cause of this problem might be one the followings:
1.) Key (either the key battery or something else is preventing the engine to read the immobilizer code or just causing a delay for that)
2.) BSI sofware bug (like a sofware bug that might be caused by a flat battery, either by car battery or the key battery, not sure which of them is the root cause, or not!)
Time will make us see the result! Any bets?
Old 17-08-15, 03:31 PM   #9

How's the battery shape? check it out if it is retaining enough charge (just testing voltage at terminals is not enough as it can varies when load is applied); hope there is the problem...

cheers, erick
Old 17-08-15, 03:51 PM   #10
Inactive User

Hi Eric-r,
If you meant the car battery, I've told that I changed it with a new one in my first post:
"... Blaming the battery off this issue, i went to the garage and changed the battery with a new one...".
In fact, changing it didnt solve the problem!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in