Earth Points - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-17, 04:59 PM   #1

Default Earth Points

Car is a 2008 207 VTI. Issues are temp gauge going straight to max, STOP ENGINE TEMP TOO HIGH message and air con not working. Seems to be power to air con clutch and continuity at the coil but its not engaging whatsoever.

Codes

P0597 & P0598 both thermostat
P0119 Coolant sensor

Tried

New coolant sensor
air con pressure switch
purge and regas

etc. etc.

Took to one garage they said out of their depth electrical issue.

Been told by a few people it could be a common earth fault?

So before i take a match to it can anyone tell me where the earth points/terminals are on this car that i need to be checking? Also is there any way to tell if the element in the thermostat has gone without taking the housing off and apart.

Thanks
scoey1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-06-17, 05:41 PM   #2

Clear temp sensor fault in BSI as well as engine ecu with planet. air con is disabled if engine temp fault logged

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 29-06-17, 05:54 PM   #3

Hi windy. There is nobody near me with Planet and I have fallen out with local dealer lol. Can I buy rev b (app. 50) or does it need to be rev c (app. 100) also do I need pp2000, diagbox or both? Thanks

Old 29-06-17, 07:48 PM   #4

Based on my daughters old car B or C both worked. My interface is about 9 yrs old and has worked on every car with no issues i just updated to /C a couple of years ago as i needed later version of diagbox.

I used diagbox with no issues on the 207 never tried planet other than the diagbox version which would only work on limited engine ecu items
Old 30-06-17, 12:51 PM   #5

Cheers i have ordered one off ebay this morning.

While i'm waiting for it to arrive does anyone know where i should be checking for bad earths? thanks
Old 12-07-17, 05:21 PM   #6

Hi Windy. I did get a copy of planet but couldn't get it working. Managed to find someone local though who cleared the codes for me and after 3 drive cycles the temp gauge issue seems to have sorted itself out (thank god!)

However the air con is still not kicking in whatsoever and nobody seems to want to go near it. According to the bloke who did the diagnostic there was no faults whatsoever with the air con system so leads him to believe it is a mechanical part that has gone?

Where do I start? Could it be coil in the clutch (test resistance?) Or compresser itself (how to test this?) Or something else. If anyone could give me some steps to take I would really appreciate it as im at a loss. Thanks
Old 12-07-17, 05:30 PM   #7

There is more to aircon than a pump and clutch the system wont turn on unless the cooling fans work properly it needs to see pressure in the system knowing there is gas in it does NOT mean the car sees pressure you say you replaced pressure switch but check all the wiring too.
Old 12-07-17, 05:34 PM   #8

Hi thanks for replying.Where are the main parts of the system to check wiring? Is it just from the air con pressure sensor or other areas? Also do you know where abouts the earth terminals are for the air con system? Thanks
Old 12-07-17, 05:36 PM   #9

And should it not have flagged up in planet if the car sees no pressure or does it not check for this?
Old 12-07-17, 08:14 PM   #10

Start off with checking the compressor clutch. Unplug the compressor and provide an alternative power source to it and see if the clutch latches.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in