Dreaded ABS / ESP Issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-05-19, 04:16 PM   #1

Default Dreaded ABS / ESP Issue

Hi all, I’m currently the owner of a 207 gti. It’s a late 2009 model with the VIN VF3WM5FYC9W112212.
The vehicle recently developed an ABS / ESP fault. I was braking into a 90 degree left hand bend and the dashboard light came on.
I checked for codes (have to admit it was an expensive snap-on reader not PP though). The codes that came back were C1321and C1326. C1326 was cleared by fitting a new sensor and then ring, however C1321 remains (LH front wheel signal coherence).
So far I have done the following:
- Replaced the sensor (also cleaned the fitting area of any rust)
- Replaced the bearing (ABS ring is integral)
- Swapped the front sensors around to prove/disprove a faulty new sensor
- Checked the continuity of the wiring from the sensor flylead connector (in wheel arch) to the ABS / ESP module.
- Checked the Maxi fuses, underbonnet fuse box, connectors etc.

Nothing has solved the fault. When I view the output data using a scanner the signal is very noisy and eventually the fault code reappears.
Does anyone have any advice regarding this issue?
Should my first task be to get it onto PP and if so does anyone in east lancs have it?
I’ll also add that the car isn’t exhibiting any other issue that could be related to ABS / ECU failure (though I haven’t ruled this out) such as speedo not working etc. The new bearing is in the correct way though it was very tight during fitting so did require some persuasion. I did check the abs ring after fitting and it didn’t appear to have any damage.

Many thanks in advance

Ryan
Ryan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-05-19, 09:51 AM   #2

seems like the same thing i went through many moons ago, in our case it was just codes for the right front wheel, everything else worked fine. In the end took the gamble and swapped the abs/ecu, just this part not the pump, and light went off straight away.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-05-19, 11:57 AM   #3

Hi Stripe,

Thanks for your reply. Can the ABS ECU be stripped off the hydraulic block and motor whilst the assembly is in situ?

I’ve found a couple of used assemblies on EBay with the same number on them. I believe this has to be done to avoid recoding once fitted?

Thanks

Old 15-05-19, 09:07 AM   #4

yes, from memory you need to remove the metal bracket which is a few screws underneath and one down by the battery from the top, then there is enough room to get a t screwdiver in to undo the 3 screws, it will then pull off the pump.

Think i may have had the bumper off, but should be able to get to it with it on.

and this is what it looks like inside

Last edited by stripe88; 15-05-19 at 09:14 AM.
Old 15-05-19, 09:37 AM   #5

Hi Stripe,

Thanks again for the extra info and photos. This may well be an avenue I go down. Did you match the serial number of your ECU to the one you replaced it with?
Or did you just buy the first available/cheapest?
Also is there anything to be aware of when removing the ECU? Anything pop out or off etc, any de soldering required?

Thanks again

Ryan
Old 15-05-19, 12:34 PM   #6

yes i matched numbers, but some have got away with just swapping to another of the same car, bit of a gamble though.
Once the screws are out it just slides off the round pegs, nothing else to worry about.
May be worth taking it off and giving it all a spray first, long shot but you never know.
Old 15-05-19, 12:55 PM   #7

I think I’m with you now. So it’s just a case of disconnecting the large connector block and removing the screws as you described earlier in the thread?

I’m thinking this will solve the issue if it’s a knackered resistor or other component on the ABS ECU printed circuit board (which it sounds like your issue was). Have to admit my brakes feel awful until the fault activates on the dash then the brakes actually feel better (but without ABS). I’m wondering if my issue lies within the hydraulic block and one of the valves. Is there anyway to check the entire abs functionality?

Last edited by Ryan1980; 15-05-19 at 01:14 PM.
Old 15-05-19, 05:50 PM   #8

could be, clean the plug first though. i think pp/lexia have a brake bleeding menu which activates the pump one side at a time to get air out, may show a fault.

i changed 1 sensor and 2 rings before taking the gamble, you may want to swap the whole unit with your fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in