diagbox fault codes - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-17, 08:12 AM   #1

Default diagbox fault codes

Hi guys,
been a member of this forum for a while now and the help i've had has been invaluable when i had my 307 and my 407, now ive got a 207 petrol 1.4 08 reg. i have the anti pollution fault on the display, and have had 2 fault codes on diagbox and they are p0132 and p0138.
P0132 fault reads upstream oxygen sensor signal and p0138 reads downstream oxygen sensor signal both have open loop, does this mean both oxygen sensors have failed? what are the chances of that if they have, are they cleanable or should i just replace them both for peace of mind, as stated ive just got it and dont want to be spending loads of cash on it straight away. i own pp2000, diagbox and the lexia 3 kit so reprogramming and clearing the faults once changed wont be an issue.
many thanks for any replies.
maully407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-17, 05:22 AM   #2

I've seen instances where contamination is the cause of oxygen sensors failing, specifically steam in the exhaust on vehicles with failed head gaskets. K series engines on Rovers being a classic example. That said if both units are reporting open circuit perhaps it's exactly that and you have a broken wire in the path.

Any signs of obvious damage, melted insulation local to the sensors perhaps?
Blow By Blow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-17, 10:39 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply blow. Ive checked all the wiring and nothing seams to be amiss. Ive checked the plugs in the fuse box next to the battery and all the terminals are a nice shiney silver so no rust or water in them. I did receive one of my sensors that i sourced and replaced the top one that is situated in the top of the cat. Did a diagbox fault read and clear and now that one is not showing up as a fault anymore. Hoping the lower sensor comes tomorrow so i can replace it. Will keep posting till everything sorted.

Old 02-06-17, 11:07 PM   #4

If it does turn out to be a double simultaneous failure, be mindful that it's unusual, though not unknown. Keep an eye out for any other potential faults providing contamination into the exhaust, such as loss of coolant or increased oil consumption, that might be indicative of early signs of other failures of the engine. If contamination continues it could result in a costly catalytic converter failure.

Last edited by Blow By Blow; 02-06-17 at 11:26 PM.
Blow By Blow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-17, 02:06 PM   #5

hi blow, checked for contaminants on the sensors and no unusual residue or contaminants present.
i have replaced the bottom sensor and cleared the faults but not tried the car yet, i will post events on here as things happen.
engine fine no unusual amounts of oil or water being used, no leaks as far as i can see.
will keep posting.
Old 03-06-17, 09:21 PM   #6

after buying 2 lambda sensors and fitting them clearing the fault codes and driving the car the faults are back again.
they still are p0132 Upstream oxygen sensor signal and p0138 downstream oxygen sensor signal, both are reporting pen loop (conditions for switching to a closed loop not yet satisfied).
any help on this most appreciated.
thanks to blow by blow for his suggestions.
Old 04-06-17, 12:43 AM   #7

For both to be reporting open loop at the same time, I would be checking the wiring looms to both sensors has not been damaged. Also check wiring/plugs to the ecu for bad connections/corrosion/water.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-17, 10:15 AM   #8

cant you just reset everything with your diagbox, seem to remember sensors run on pre set settings until warmed up, then the ecu or bsi does its stuff.

also check plugs in fusebox.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-17, 07:28 PM   #9

thanks for the replies guys,
ive checked the plugs in both the ecu and fuse box, all ok no signs of water, rust or broken pins.
ive checked the wiring from the sensor end back to the ecu plugs with a volt meter on a continuety test and all four wires from each sensor plug emit a beep when probed.
ive reset the fault codes using diagbox the car starts and drives ok till i turn off the ignition but when i go to use the car again the fault comes back.
dont think theres much more i can do but contact an auto electrician for help.

Also can an administrator add me to the planet map. i can do middlesbrough and around a 10 mile radius.

Last edited by maully407; 04-06-17 at 07:45 PM. Reason: want to be added to planet map
Old 06-06-17, 09:32 PM   #10

Well, would you believe it went to work this morning, got in the car and started her up expecting the dreaded anti pollution fault to flash up and lo and behold Nothing, no beebing no flashing of warnings and no eml light on. I swear that the car must have gremlins playing tricks .
Anyway im keeping fingers crossed its sorted its self out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in