Depollution/turbo problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-15, 06:48 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Depollution/turbo problems

Hi all, new to forums please forgive me for asking this!

I have read, many, many threads about the depollution problem since my 207 gti 175 thp threw up the problem the other day.

I'm very close to taking it to Peugeot to have the timing chain done as my symptoms are very different to any other ive read!

It started with the check oil message coming up and then the temperature gauge jumped straight to the highest point and the warning of temperature too high with the STOP sign on the dash.

At this point the depollution warning didn't show up, the car was running normally and turbo was boosting normally. parked up, fans running continuously and then the battery died. Charged over night, started the next morning and now I have the depollution warning, no turbo but the temperature problem is fine!?!

I have purchased a Diagbox tester and it continuously throws up three fault codes,

P0444 - Fault Purge Canister Solenoid Valve Control
P0245 - Turbo Regulation Solenoid Valve Control Fault
P0034 - Turbine Discharge Solenoid Valve Control Fault

All these are "characterised" as short circuit to earth which leads me to believe its electrical but I don't know where the first two solenoids are to check?!?!

Help me please pug gurus
gavfav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-15, 08:37 AM   #2

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 09-06-15, 04:11 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default My apologies

Sorry Guys, didn't mean to jump in with the help issues!

My name is Gavin and I'm from Newcastle, I've owned my Black 207 GTI pack 175 THP for about 4 months now, my first Peugeot since a random old 406 years ago!

When I get time I shall try and upload some pics as I'm very proud of my baby!

On a different note, I have actually sorted my previously mentioned problem, after all my searching and fussing it turned out to be a blooming fuse!!!! depollution fault gone, car running better than ever and no warning lights!

Looking forward to being a member and hopefully keeping the Pug for a while!

Old 09-06-15, 04:23 PM   #4
Inactive User

Welcome to the forum Gavin, I'm Andy. This is the problem with self diagnostics as Codes can be logged for something that on face value seems unrelated. What has probably happened is that the fuse feeds those solenoid valves and when it blew they lost their supply voltage. The ECU detects a 0 voltage situation and flags they are shorted to earth because that is what it has been programmed to do under those conditions. This is why careful diagnosis is needed rather than take it at face value, still all sorted. I don't have a problem with people jumping in with questions, at least you sound keen to learn.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-15, 04:30 PM   #5
Inactive User

Thanks for the reply, I'm a keen DIYer, wouldn't say a very good one but I like to know whats going on with my car!

Hopefully I'll be able to add to the forum rather than just pester people!

I have the proper Diagbox plugs and software if anyone near me needs to check things?
Old 09-06-15, 04:35 PM   #6
Inactive User

Doesn't matter so much how good you are but that you are keen to learn, listen to others and at least consider their advice, the rest comes as you build your experience. Contributions are always welcome so long as they are positive. As for asking questions, Pester away we are all here to help each other.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-15, 04:56 PM   #7
Inactive User

on an unrelated issue, how do you add a signature at the bottom of your posts? is it a newbie thing that you have to be posting for a while?
Old 09-06-15, 10:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavfav View Post
on an unrelated issue, how do you add a signature at the bottom of your posts? is it a newbie thing that you have to be posting for a while?
Look for the User CP link towards the top of the page, click it, then look on the left for the Edit Signature link and you can create away!
eyemdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-15, 07:12 PM   #9
Inactive User

Thank you, also just replying to check it's worked!
Old 12-06-15, 09:24 AM   #10
Inactive User

Yes it worked. Welcome from me.
nickcc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in