Depollution error - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-06-17, 12:36 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Depollution error

Hi. Last week radiator fan stayed on with engine off. Has happened 3 times. Later in the week car started and revs idle at 1500-2000 rpm. Car does not always start first time. Depollution error comes up.
Diagnostic shows error code p0609 and P0104. Replaced map sensor and vut sensor and problem still occurs. Also exhaust splutters a bit and sometimes smell of petrol when started. Engine will not drop below 1500 rpm at any point. Still drives ok though. Peg 207 petrol 57 plate. Any ideas chaps?
Johnboy19780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-06-17, 03:02 PM   #2

What equipment did you use to get the fault codes?

You'll need live data on Diagbox to get a better idea of what's happening under the bonnet.

P06XX codes relate to control modules, so with the P0609 you're almost looking at an electrical gremlin lurking somewhere.

Similarly, the P0104 fault code is described as "Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Intermittent". The "intermittent" part suggests there is an intermittent short or break in the circuit.

As for the smell, if the ECU is over-compensating with fuel because of a faulty air mass reading, then this could cause the smell. You might want to check the injectors and plugs too for leaks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-06-17, 03:55 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi thanks for the reply. I am not sure what equipment was used as a mechanic did it. I was hoping for a quick fix as need my car for work and am away for a month from Sunday. I am going to leave the car with my mum and get a local garage to try and fix it while I am away. Just hoping it does not die in the next few days. I was also told the cam belt is not sitting flush and needs replacing. He quoted 300. It's all a bit of a nightmare really.

Old 27-06-17, 04:25 PM   #4

if the belt has slipped and the timing is out, that can be causing fuel/exhaust problems.

I'd suggest putting the car on diagbox for a more in depth look into the problems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-06-17, 07:01 PM   #5
Inactive User

Again thanks for the reply. I will pass it on to the garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in